First Nano

TanWeiSongBeck

Nice scape.

• Like 1

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Good choice of corals. Good luck! Keep the photos coming!

Will keep the pictures coming definitely!! :D

Nice scape.

Thank you so much bro!! Re-scape a lot of time until this final one which I like it a lot. Just hope that it is not too much LR. :lol:

• SRC Member

asterina star bro. harmless if tank is big and enough food. but opportunistic when no food n will turn to ur corals for food. my advice : remove it.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member
thank you for the advice. have removed it. :D
Cool thats good. Just know like ants, if there's one, there will be more. I kena asterjna stars which start sticking itself on my cup coral n when I removed it, there was no more flesh on where it was. Cheers!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member

Cool thats good. Just know like ants, if there's one, there will be more. I kena asterjna stars which start sticking itself on my cup coral n when I removed it, there was no more flesh on where it was. Cheers!

Just wondering how they even appear. It only appears midway to my 6th weeks of cycling. :huh:

• SRC Member

My nano tank after 1 month of cycling as of 29 March 2014 using just live rocks and sands.

attachicon.gif2.jpg

Bought some equipment along the way:

1 x Par38 - 6 blue (455nm) + 6 white (8000k)

1 x tunze compact 1000

1 x jebao wp10

Filtration wise I am running through sponge -> chemi pure elite -> chaeto

Gotten 2 nass + 3 fenestrate snails to help me clean up the tank from diatoms and algae as of now.

have a question to ask. at the right side of the tank there is a place which is shaded by the standing rock. wonder if zoas can survive there?

• SRC Member

Sorry, I just taken some pictures of things happening to my tank now. Just need some help and clarification.

Saw a lot of these tiny white little organism moving around my tank glass

post-20194-0-86794700-1397267496_thumb.j

And I also found this plays like this growing on one of my rocks. can help to id and whether it needs to be remove?

post-20194-0-80856100-1397267495_thumb.j

• SRC Member

Did some search and found out that those really are copepods. Do I need to feed them anything? Cycled for a month before I start adding in chemi pure and chaeto. This is already the 6 weeks of cycling. have not added in any lifestock and corals.

• SRC Member

i feed my tank phytofeast and also will drop a few drops into my sump to feed the copepods

I am actually thinking of something. My chaeto is in the first chamber housing the copepods. And 2nd chamber I have my chemipure elite. Will the copepods dies in the 2nd chamber?

I had a bobbit worm the last time. It looked like its from the alien movie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

Its looks like aiptasia. Pest to most reefers.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.