Advise on lighting.

Im currently running a 2ft cube tank. Using a 4x2ft T5 aquazonic lighting, i decided to upgrade to LED lighting.

Im not sure how to calculate the amount of light/spectrum etc enough for the corals. What do i look at? Is it the watts? Or is it those 16000K color temperature etc.

So based on my 2ft cube tank, im planning to have a full reef tank, LPS, SPS, Soft corals and everything, what is the best lighting, and how do i know that it is ENOUGH?

• SRC Member

For 2ft cube youll likely need 3-4 par38s and those which are much higher power than that. I suggest a 120w 16k razor or a single kessil a360we. For a good reliable led fixture get ready to spend at least 400 and above.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

200 probably just reefbreeders photon 24. Should be about 200 or slightly above. But you dun get local support. Warranty have to either send back to usa or get them send parts to u and u fix it urself.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

400 and above? nothing below that? lets say if my budget is around $200. Can i find any good led light around that price?

If there is nothing cheap, i guess i got to stick to the T5 for now. Which is enough right at the moment?

Good thing never come cheap...hahaha..! For your budget, you either stick back to what your current lighting or buy very old or obsolete good LED lightest which has some risk that might have no spare part replacement if breakdown hor.

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

200 probably just reefbreeders photon 24. Should be about 200 or slightly above. But you dun get local support. Warranty have to either send back to usa or get them send parts to u and u fix it urself.
Good thing never come cheap...hahaha..! For your budget, you either stick back to what your current lighting or buy very old or obsolete good LED lightest which has some risk that might have no spare part replacement if breakdown hor.
Ahhh i see. Thank u guys. I guess i will just stick to the current T5 and when my budget fits well, will just get maxsoect razor!

Is Maxspec razor that awesome? Go for AI hydra, or Ecotech Radion. I just went to lwana intend to buy maxspec razor 160w, during my purchase, I go though the equipment, observe some kind of scratches on the product, the equipment did not go through a proper quality check before packaging. I would not spend my money on some deflected products or new product with scratches. The Maxspec razor made in china, correct me if I m wrong, I quite worry about china products then euro products. I rather spend a bit more to get good quality and reliable products like AI hydra , hydra 52 or Radion led. ( my personal opinion)

• SRC Member

Is Maxspec razor that awesome? Go for AI hydra, or Ecotech Radion. I just went to lwana intend to buy maxspec razor 160w, during my purchase, I go though the equipment, observe some kind of scratches on the product, the equipment did not go through a proper quality check before packaging. I would not spend my money on some deflected products or new product with scratches. The Maxspec razor made in china, correct me if I m wrong, I quite worry about china products then euro products. I rather spend a bit more to get good quality and reliable products like AI hydra , hydra 52 or Radion led. ( my personal opinion)

Hi Bro Just a flash back he said he has a tight budget bro..Radions are +++off..Razors are good.. to me so far..

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

Not already awesome but those who recommend are Maxspec hard core users... :lol::lol::lol:!

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

If you are on budget and you want something close to the european, us standard then you can choose

China make product.

Not all China Made product are bad.

Maxspect is one of them. But there are many others around.

Of course you cannot expect 100 % same as AI, Radion or Orphek .

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Hmm, Maxspect razor nano is insufficient in my opinion. I am using a Razor 120w over a 2x1.5 and find this just nice, or i might even get the lens kit soon. I believe the nano version only has 1 set of led which might not cover your cube too well.

I Love Stagsss

nope, its barely enough for a 1.5ft cube, you'll need the 120w version like i said.

Hmm, Maxspect razor nano is insufficient in my opinion. I am using a Razor 120w over a 2x1.5 and find this just nice, or i might even get the lens kit soon. I believe the nano version only has 1 set of led which might not cover your cube too well.

Alright then. I guess i will get the 120W then. will just camp at the buy/sell forum for any bros whose gonna sell it off. hehehee