SUGGESTION!

hongqixian

• SRC Member

I was thinking, maybe we could mail each other mushroom frags in small packages in damp tissue. I heard they would survive like that, and we could post the frag packs on days that the postmen collect mail soon.

The mushrooms that would be sent would have to be whole ones, and not cut bits(whole ones won't rot so fast), preferably picked off the sand. Then put between a few thin layers of clean saltwater-wet kitchen towel, put in a lightweight waterproof box(such as the little round plastic sauce containers) and post to the address in a little parcel- recipient pays for postage by mail before frag is mailed.

We could do this on a swop system and mostly just swop excess shrooms, to eliminate losses due to cheating. How about it? It eliminates the need to meet somewhere at a place convenient to both and would freely diversify the shroom varieties in all our tanks at a low cost. AT? Your input?

• SRC Member

That's what they do in UK, but the weather is cooler. They stuff the shroom in film containers with a bit of water. Your mail box must be big enough for the container to go through. They usually send first class so it takes less than 24 hours to reach.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
That's what they do in UK, but the weather is cooler. They stuff the shroom in film containers with a bit of water. Your mail box must be big enough for the container to go through. They usually send first class so it takes less than 24 hours to reach.

How long does post take in sg?

Mushrooms seem to give off a lot of slime when there is only a little water but i don't know if kitchen towel would be better then. Maybe the slime prevents dehydration?