Triton System User Fall In

Aquareef123

• Sponsor

Jurong west 5ft tank with jellyfish sharing triton sump

post-2510-0-42664300-1396406235_thumb.jp

Do refer to our Facebook Page : Iwarna Aquafarm

Pictures are uploaded there for new shipments. Thank you.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

*We have strict reservation policies for livestock, please refer to our sponsor forum for more information.

• Sponsor

3 by 2.5ft triton tank at china square

Untitled-1copy.jpg

*We have strict reservation policies for livestock, please refer to our sponsor forum for more information.

• Sponsor

3 by 2.5ft triton tank at china square

post-2510-0-08192700-1396407263_thumb.jp

Untitled-1copy.jpg

• Sponsor

Posting on behalf for our triton user a mix reef tank of 600L+.

post-2510-0-94752500-1396788540_thumb.jp

Untitled-1copy.jpg

• Sponsor

9ft by 3ft by 3ft mix reef triton tank

post-2510-0-56266700-1396794102_thumb.jp

Untitled-1copy.jpg

• Sponsor

5ft by 3ft by 2ft height sps tank (super lazy reefer

Untitled-1copy.jpg

• SRC Member

List of Triton Users:
===================

1. Aquareef123 - 1200L tank running Triton since January 2014.

2. Markymarcus - 600L Reef tank since March 2014

3. Dreamscape - 600L reef tank since Jan 2014

4. Quas111 - 600L reef tank since Jan 2014

• SRC Member

Just want to inquire, anyone running triton and a rowaphos or aluminium based phosphate remover facing tiny zoa syndrome?

Bro,

I run rowaphos with the triton system and I do not experience tiny zoa syndrome. Refer to some of my zoas shots (taken from Samsung).

post-20137-0-17185300-1396935978_thumb.j

post-20137-0-84465700-1396935978_thumb.j

post-20137-0-50767100-1396935979_thumb.j

post-20137-0-13742700-1396935980_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a friend who will set up a new tank with this system. I am also planning to shift to triton also. Need advice how to start and what are the things i need to consider to do so. Is the refigium must be big?

• Sponsor
I have a friend who will set up a new tank with this system. I am also planning to shift to triton also. Need advice how to start and what are the things i need to consider to do so. Is the refigium must be big?
Hi, You can start dosing the Base Elementz when your Ca and Mg are within range. Kh should be between 8 and 9. Ideally, the size of the refugium should be at least 10% of the display tank. We are sending water to Triton Lab for testing on Monday 14 July. If you are interested please bring 20ml of your water to Iwarna this weekend. Cheers, Aquarium Iwarna

Untitled-1copy.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

I personally know 2 reefers using it for many months and finally given up on it recently. If you believe in no water change can bring you good water parameters and good sps colouration then go ahead and give it a try.

Cheers,

James

• Like 3

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

Agree with bro James that maintaining good water parameter with no water change for a SPS dominated tank is a challenge. I am a triton user for a year now. I have a medium bioload tank. In order to keep the nutrient down in order to maintain my SPS colour, water change maybe inevitable. However the freq of the water change can be lengthen to once every month or two

The 3 triton solution cost $180. Base on my daily dosage of 80ml per solution, will be able to last for 3 months. Per water test cost $90. However after regular testing for the first 6 months, I have fine tune my dosing and administer my own test. Hence will only do water testing once every 3 months. Total cost per year will work out to be about $180x4 + $90x4 + $150x2(marine salt) = $1380. Not a low cost but cover all related water dosing and salt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

I have been using triton for 8 months already. Initially at the first 3 months results were mediocre, with certain sps coloring up like crazy while others remained brown. By the 6 month all my sps were colored up. At the 8 month the sps suddenly turned super bright and colored up to surreal colors. By mid way of the 8th month nearly every sps in my tank started dying at uncontrollable rates. Currently I am left with less than half of my collection. All my gems are dead. I have done everything in triton correctly, other than do the super expensive water test regularly, for obvious reasons.

I would say that triton is a time bomb. Just when you feel the tank has reached the peak it will spiral down uncontrollably. Didn't have a good experience with it. I wonder how other people on the system are doing. I'll be doing waterchanges and am going to stop running triton