Fragging of corals

Hey I was wondering is it possible to frag an elegance?

Cause I bought a small one but it's blooming like mad! Lol.

Just wondering if it's possible and how to if yesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.

• SRC Member

Hey I was wondering is it possible to frag an elegance?

Cause I bought a small one but it's blooming like mad! Lol.

Just wondering if it's possible and how to if yesh.

HI Sis..

,Nopes elgance Corals cant be fragged..As they are LPS With attached skeletons..

zoas.Leathers,Cloves,Torches,Octopus are some examples of can frag corals..

Good To Know Your Elegance Is Blooming

cheers!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

Hey bro ashwin.

Thanks for the info.

Aiya means now I just have to put it one corner to bloom until too massive than time to change to 6ft. Lol!

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.

It can be fragged but u need a specialized cutter like the one in GO. Sorry, dunno what's that tool is called.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2222107

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Oh. Do u need to be specialize to cut them? Never frag anything before. Don't want to kill them.

• SRC Member

Oh. Do u need to be specialize to cut them? Never frag anything before. Don't want to kill them.

You Would Be better of not fragging them..might streess them out..

+you never fragged before..

so why take the chance

blooming to big no space?

my tank got space Haha :P

cheers!

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

It can be fragged but u need a specialized cutter like the one in GO. Sorry, dunno what's that tool is called.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2222107

Bone cutters Or Dremmel?

You Would Be better of not fragging them..might streess them out..

+you never fragged before..

so why take the chance

blooming to big no space?

my tank got space Haha :P

cheers!

Hahaha. When they get too massive I don't mind trading it with u for some of ur beautiful zoas! :P

Ha ha, u juz need to know how to operate the tool and be careful not to cut urself. Maybe can also use a normal saw.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Ha ha, u juz need to know how to operate the tool and be careful not to cut urself. Maybe can also use a normal saw.

Noted! Thanks for ur help. :D

• SRC Member

Hahaha. When they get too massive I don't mind trading it with u for some of ur beautiful zoas! :P

Lol No Probs!

You Would Be better of not fragging them..might streess them out.. +you never fragged before.. so why take the chance blooming to big no space? my tank got space Haha :P cheers!
Ya, maybe not recommend for beginners. Not sure wat the tool is call though, can use a table electric saw too. Use protective goggle and just push the lps through the middle or which part u intend to frag.

Ya, maybe not recommend for beginners. Not sure wat the tool is call though, can use a table electric saw too. Use protective goggle and just push the lps through the middle or which part u intend to frag.

Sudden when u say saw it sounds very painful. So maybe I just keep it as it is first.

Posted Image

• SRC Member

Please do not try cutting up ur elegance by bone Cutter. Their body structure is very fragile, it will just crush their body. Wat u need is a electric saw prefered or worst a chisel. I have tried on. There are always some risks to frag them.

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

Its not stinging any nearby corals so its ok to juz leave it as it is.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, our elegance detached from the skeleton, we ahve been keeping in a jar for 1 year and is still healthy. thus if you do frag and the flesh detached. dun let the bugger float ard

Did u frag it too? Doesn't it attach itself to another skeleton or does it only have 1 skeleton which it detached itself from.

BTW, our elegance detached from the skeleton, we ahve been keeping in a jar for 1 year and is still healthy. thus if you do frag and the flesh detached. dun let the bugger float ard

Any pic of your elegance in jar, curious to see :thumbsup:

I Love Stagsss

I think if u r able to secure it to some calcareous base, it might grow again.