Help with ich!

Hi all!

I need some advice and help with my fishes!

I suspect that the sailfin and blue tang are having ich..

Fishes are still active and eating well but I see some white spot on the tail and body of the fishes.

I also have two gobies, two firefish and one sunburst in the tank.

Should I setup a hospital tank and remove all the fishes over to the hospital tank? The fishes have just started to settle down in my DT.

Do I have any other options?

I don't want to move my corals and rocks again..

Many thanks

• SRC Member

Do water change and slowly reduce salinity to 1.018. Drop by 0.002 per day

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

• SRC Member
Hi all! I need some advice and help with my fishes! I suspect that the sailfin and blue tang are having ich.. Fishes are still active and eating well but I see some white spot on the tail and body of the fishes. I also have two gobies, two firefish and one sunburst in the tank. Should I setup a hospital tank and remove all the fishes over to the hospital tank? The fishes have just started to settle down in my DT. Do I have any other options? I don't want to move my corals and rocks again.. Many thanks
1 option is keep water clean n stop adding fish for 2 mths. Pray they will recover. Or remove all fishes and treat in hospital tank. DT fishless for min 2 mths.

• SRC Member

oe way is to remove the infected fish and treat with copper on a hospital tank. the other one is u can try polylab Medic that can be dose on DT. but it caused a bomb.

Bro, have u try polyp lab medic b4 with good result?..cheers

http://www.marinedepot.com/Polyp_Lab_Medic_30mL_Saltwater_Fish_Parasite_Medications-Polyp_Lab-PP2111-FIMEPS-vi.html

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

Thanks bro sunkistC! Looks like I need to remove all and treat slowly..

Anyone can offer me some advise on copper treatment?

Also, any one have some to spare?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've tried Polyplab Medic.. it costed a bomb and the result is negative for me.. i dosed 3 to 4 times the recommended dosage as instructed by Henry but still lose a few fishes..

Hey my friend uses it and it helps. But they dose 4x per time than the written instructions cause 1x doesn't work. And each day twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.

Bro wolfyie

When your friend says that it work, did they mention if the infection came back after some weeks?

Also, did they dose with everything in the tank? Corals and invert?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They said no more. But since than they haven added any other fish.

Ya they have corals inside but not too many

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.

• SRC Member

Hey my friend uses it and it helps. But they dose 4x per time than the written instructions cause 1x doesn't work. And each day twice.

I was told Polyplab Medic can only help in the early stage of Ich Outbreak.. when fishes are rubbing against rocks and have only a few visible spots on the body. The medication can only kill free swimming parasites so it's more to prevent Ich parasites from multiplying and cause severe outbreak. You will need to dose continuously for at least 2 to 3 weeks to completely kill all parasites including those that have drop off from the fish body.

For me I started the medication late as they were already alot of visible spots on my fishes' bodies.. in the end I lost a few fishes.

I have not tried polylab medic personally. But Henry recommended that when i was having trouble with ich. He guaranteed me it will work 100% but i didnt buy it in the end cause it do cost a bomb. so personally, i have not tried it but Henry swears by it. Maybe other reefers here who have tried it before can recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

It's okay I just spent 3 hours removing the rocks catching the fish and place them in a hospital tank. Now just done rearranging the rocks and corals. So bloody tiring

hahaha! same here. decided to have a hospital tank and do some copper treatment. polylab too expensive. hope it will work!

I was told that LR will become dead rock as most of the living things within will died.

Anyway I wanted to post my current 1 week ago copper tank photos or video. but don't know how. Still checking, not like pasar malam where you can attached photo or video. Any advise...thks