Back to reefing

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I visited SRC. Had stopped reefing for almost 10 years (for reasons which I shant elaborate here). Recently the reefer in me has awoken again and the yearn is getting stronger. :D

I am thinking of starting again, and did some silent background reading. Seems that the reefing scene in Singapore has change quite a fair bit. Can someone fill me up on the changes and if there are any new techniques and technologies available?

I certainly intend to start slow, as I am no longer in mad rush to gather everything and buy every fancy live stock.

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I visited SRC. Had stopped reefing for almost 10 years (for reasons which I shant elaborate here). Recently the reefer in me has awoken again and the yearn is getting stronger. :D

I am thinking of starting again, and did some silent background reading. Seems that the reefing scene in Singapore has change quite a fair bit. Can someone fill me up on the changes and if there are any new techniques and technologies available?

I certainly intend to start slow, as I am no longer in mad rush to gather everything and buy every fancy live stock.

Welcome back to the hobby. Best is to go walk around some LFS talking to the shop owner to get some inspiration or spend some time reading SRC here . Hope to see your new tank thread here soon .

Welcome back to reefing! Impressed you even managed to stay away for almost 10yrs! Well, for one, technology has certainly improved, with introduction of LED lights, biopellet reactors etc etc. Look through couple of tank threads and u will get a good idea. More coral options now too compared to last time. Plenty of cultivated hybrid clowns has surfaced during the past yrs.

I Love Stagsss

I read about the tank bred clowns and are very excited. My true love is the black ocellaris and back then only 2 sellers worldwide was carrying them.

Led is another one I am interested. Not sure if they can replace the good old mh.

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

Welcome back bro dragoncube!

It's nice to have seniors like you guys around to guy newbies like me!

I believe the major Improvements are that bio balls are no long popular & led technology has advanced leaps and bounds.

I am not that senior, just started earlier thats all. We learn from one another and leverage on each one's experience. However, I do hope that there are less drama in the reefing scene now compared to previously.

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

• SRC Member

I am not that senior, just started earlier thats all. We learn from one another and leverage on each one's experience. However, I do hope that there are less drama in the reefing scene now compared to previously.

Haha.. what happened last time? very curious

Clem's Clam Corner (Decommed)

60cm x 40cm x 30cm Tank

Nano tank reboot v2.0

I recognize some of the nick in the forums still, but mostly are new ones. I used to have one in SRC too, but I can't remember what the login ID and password was anymore.

I will just let sleeping dogs lie as I just want to enjoy the hobby as it is.

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

I never recall nice exotic corals for <$20? :D

I guess to each his own. I don't mind paying for the coral if I like it.

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

• SRC Member

+1. Even if its >250$ for me Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

• SRC Member

Now I know who to look for gems sps.....hehe! The highest I ever spend on sps is only $100 and that is a 4" ssc frag. I still prefer to chiong those 3 for $100 new shipment :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

I recall red pratas going for >$200 during my time. The superman monti were around $70 for a small piece if I recall correctly.

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

• SRC Member

I guess you still remember the prices of sps is according the packing plastic bag size.... and not species or colour

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

I guess you still remember the prices of sps is according the packing plastic bag size.... and not species or colour

Lol. I think your nick looks familiar. Are you the one with the cute terrier and is into remote control helicopters?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

• SRC Member

That's for paradiz reef...

Sadly it closed down so many years ago ..

If you look closely the PR boss still around in reefing scene...

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

Went to ML today. I am so pleasantly surprised that Henry still recognizes me after so many years. Anyway, still getting the best service from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics