Copper treatment

• SRC Member

Depend on the fish condition at that time..

Look like different reefers have different experience..of coz in books there are said species that's sensitive to copper but in real time, some are not true..cheers n happy reefing..

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member
Bro u mean sensitive? I lost my Royal Gramma during cupramine treatment.. other smaller fishes like clown fishes, chromis, flame angel survived
Yes bro :) tks for the answer
Depend on the fish condition at that time.. Look like different reefers have different experience..of coz in books there are said species that's sensitive to copper but in real time, some are not true..cheers n happy reefing..
Yes agree
Emperor also sensitive to high copper content. I lost my Emperor. the rest Flame, Majestic Blue Face all survive.
Ok I see :) , I used to treat with copper but my emperor survive maybe depend on each fish immune system also

morish idol & mandarin <0.3 , dwarf angel and juv angel <0.4 , butterfly, clownfish, tang, wrasse, anthias, fusilier 0.5 or above but max still below 0.8 I have try ... just from my experience and me using JBL test kit more stable than others ie: salifert, sera, API etc ...

Agree that copper sensitive to certain species, I have no luck , Twice, I lost 2 Emperor while dosing Copper. One thing I have to make clear is I bought the Emperor AFTER I adminster Copper, I am trying to QT the Emperor, but both did not make it after 2 days. Many other factors could be the cause probably Stress on the fish as well.

• SRC Member

Agree that copper sensitive to certain species, I have no luck , Twice, I lost 2 Emperor while dosing Copper. One thing I have to make clear is I bought the Emperor AFTER I adminster Copper, I am trying to QT the Emperor, but both did not make it after 2 days. Many other factors could be the cause probably Stress on the fish as well.

Thks bro for sharing..I m contemplating to use copper for treatment now..it will b the last resort..

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member
The tricky part is during water change. Cupramine is 24 drops for 40L to reach 0.5. I am housing them in a 30l toyogo tub, but to keep it at 0.3, i am only using about 12 drops of cupramine.
Very simple. Prepare your new water in another tub or bucket. Add copper to the new water till 0.3. When u change water, the copper will still remain at 0.3
  • Like 1

Very simple. Prepare your new water in another tub or bucket. Add copper to the new water till 0.3. When u change water, the copper will still remain at 0.3

Nice! Will try that the next time. Thanks!

• SRC Member
Just took over a Jumbo Emperor from one of the reefer, he actually uses copper to QT his fishes and so far so good. Hope this Emperor can stay with me forever.
A 1 foot long emperor must be damn beautiful. Do share some pic

• SRC Member
tEc" post="1171917" timestamp="1397634917"]Very simple. Prepare your new water in another tub or bucket. Add copper to the new water till 0.3. When u change water, the copper will still remain at 0.3
Good advice never think before :) Cheers

The tricky part is during water change. Cupramine is 24 drops for 40L to reach 0.5. I am housing them in a 30l toyogo tub, but to keep it at 0.3, i am only using about 12 drops of cupramine.

I used this method:

After water change, I normally add 1/3 to 1/2 the required dose of copper.

Next day then check the copper level first, before decide on the amount of dose.

It is ok to start low level after water change and slowly increase back to the required amount in the next two days.

• SRC Member
I used this method: After water change, I normally add 1/3 to 1/2 the required dose of copper. Next day then check the copper level first, before decide on the amount of dose. It is ok to start low level after water change and slowly increase back to the required amount in the next two days.
Tks for sharing :)

• 1 month later...