My 2 Feet Nano Tank

FLEX

Hi all, just wanted to share my 2 feet nano tank. It was setup close to 1.5 years ago. Over the past month, my clownfish have started breeding as well (laid eggs for the 2nd time in a month). Hope you enjoy the pictures.
20140411_212559_zps5cc8335c.jpg
Full Tank Shot
20140411_204845_zpsca316f71.jpg
RBTA (Split about 9 months ago)
20140411_204905_zps2be5fc97.jpg
GBTA (Split about 6 months ago)
20140411_204856_zpsa842cbdb.jpg
Hammer (2 variants)
20140411_204926_zps46714bb4.jpg
Mushroom
20140411_204911_zps5afb9a58.jpg
GSP
20140406_223858_zps635cbdef.jpg
Clownfish eggs (Day 1)
20140411_205152_zps38c2e4c1.jpg
Clownfish eggs (Day 5/6)
Cheers,
Flex

• SRC Member

Very healthy corals.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

Nice hammer u got there. Goodluck for ur mini nemos!

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't think I have the time to try and raise the mini nemos at the moment. Might try to raise one of the later batches.

Beautiful tank you got there. Obviously you doing the right thing to get so much reproduction from the tank inhabitants! Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Thank you! Can't compare to many of the tanks I have seen in this forum. But doing what I can and definitely enjoying reefing :)

Very healthy corals.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Actually I almost lost the RBTA when I 1st got it. It disappeared into the rock for about 1 month and come out almost completely white and transparent. Thankfully it managed to recover.

Nice scape, but juz a question, r u using liverocks? The color of rocks are all dark brown, no purple coraline on it??

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Nice scape, but juz a question, r u using liverocks? The color of rocks are all dark brown, no purple coraline on it??
Thanks! Yes, i'm using life rocks. Initially it all purpled up nicely. Then i got a major algae problem. Tried to get rid of it but gave up aft some time. Now it's all dark brown. Have learnt to embrace it. Haha

I like the simple, clean and beautiful look! Can you share the tank equipment that you use and the maintenance regime for all to learn? Do I see a refugium behind your GBTA? Great work!

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

Thanks! Yes, i'm using life rocks. Initially it all purpled up nicely. Then i got a major algae problem. Tried to get rid of it but gave up aft some time. Now it's all dark brown. Have learnt to embrace it. Haha
Ok, I see. I hope the dark brown I see is not dark brown algae covering the rocks. Those r somehow related to cyano. I used to get lots of red slime on some parts of my rocks. After a while after layers after layers it's become harden & dark brown. Its can be peel of using fingers or a soft brush to brush off. Have to throw away some of the problematics ones.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

I like the simple, clean and beautiful look! Can you share the tank equipment that you use and the maintenance regime for all to learn? Do I see a refugium behind your GBTA? Great work!

Thanks!

My tank setup is pretty basic:

Tank: 2X1X1

Lights: 4 T5HO (2X ATI blue plus, 1X ATI purple plus, 1XATI aqua blue special)

Chiller: 1/15 Artica (set at 27.5 degrees)

Skimmer: Redsea Prizm Skimmer (that's the one behind the GBTA. Just that I have not cleaned it in a while :blush: )

Filter: Eheim ecco series (sorry I can't rem the model)

Wave maker: 2X hydor koralia

Tank maintenance: Mine is quite bad. Only change water once a month now. :blush: Used to do it once every two weeks in the past.

Ok, I see. I hope the dark brown I see is not dark brown algae covering the rocks. Those r somehow related to cyano. I used to get lots of red slime on some parts of my rocks. After a while after layers after layers it's become harden & dark brown. Its can be peel of using fingers or a soft brush to brush off. Have to throw away some of the problematics ones.

I'm afraid it is dark brown algae bro. If I am not wrong it is Lobophora sp. I do peel it off the rocks periodically. However, it grows back pretty quickly. I guess the amount of nutrients in my tank is pretty high. Lucky that I am not keeping any SPS.

I'm afraid it is dark brown algae bro. If I am not wrong it is Lobophora sp. I do peel it off the rocks periodically. However, it grows back pretty quickly. I guess the amount of nutrients in my tank is pretty high. Lucky that I am not keeping any SPS.
I dun think it lobophora as lobophora is fully encrusted and hv to scrape of with something sharp. And it's very slow grower. I used to hv some of it but I got rid of it by spraying it with joe juice. Read that naso tang and rabbit fish eat these. If can peel off with your hands, it's either mulm or cyano.

I dun think it lobophora as lobophora is fully encrusted and hv to scrape of with something sharp. And it's very slow grower. I used to hv some of it but I got rid of it by spraying it with joe juice. Read that naso tang and rabbit fish eat these. If can peel off with your hands, it's either mulm or cyano.
Ah i see.. i don't think it's mulm.. definitely some sort of algae.. when i google cyano all the images looked diff from what i have in the tank.. anyway, any tips on how i can get rid of it apart from more frequent water changes(didnt work!)? Would love to see purple rocks again..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

My tank setup is pretty basic:

Tank: 2X1X1

Lights: 4 T5HO (2X ATI blue plus, 1X ATI purple plus, 1XATI aqua blue special)

Chiller: 1/15 Artica (set at 27.5 degrees)

Skimmer: Redsea Prizm Skimmer (that's the one behind the GBTA. Just that I have not cleaned it in a while :blush: )

Filter: Eheim ecco series (sorry I can't rem the model)

Wave maker: 2X hydor koralia

Tank maintenance: Mine is quite bad. Only change water once a month now. :blush: Used to do it once every two weeks in the past.

I love basic setups, so is mine. Would like to find out, how does the Prizm skimmer performs? I'm using the RIO HOB skimmer. Wouldnt say it is the best but it serves my 2ft tank pretty well. It breaks down once in a while when i don't clean it for a few weeks after heavy feeding.

I may need to upgrade my filter, so may consider getting an ecco series. Where do you place your filter and chiller? Any photos to share?

My Tank Journey

• SRC Member

woah bro! very very nice and successful tank! whats the dimension of this tank? seems so big that u can put so many beauties inside. im thinking of upgrading to maybe a 2ft shallow but not sure what dimensions to play :/