RODI water smells nasty/bad.

emanoids

My bf uses a DIY unit. And I realized that the fishy smell came from the water. Does anyone faces that smell issue too? Not a pungent one but u can sniff out a fishy smell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.

• SRC Member

My bf uses a DIY unit. And I realized that the fishy smell came from the water. Does anyone faces that smell issue too? Not a pungent one but u can sniff out a fishy smell

it is so smelly that it need to put strong disinfectant to sink or toilet :sick: just to remove the smell.

I have been using RO/DI system for my drinking and water top for my tank for many years and have yet encounter any issue like your. Mind sharing What RO/DI system are you using? DIY?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

I believed he does not use it often ... only use it when he changes water ...

If you use it daily should not have the smell

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

I do experience the same smell. It's just that I didn't use often which probably causes the smell. I just let it run for a good few sec. then test the TDS...

To me it does not effect the TDS reading, It just the gas being release from the water after long storage in the my DI system.

• SRC Member

thanks for the feedback guys! i am using rodi from madpetz. It does not affect TDS just that it is so smelly - but yes i think you are all right coz i only use it when all my rodi water reservoir is empty already and when start to use it again that is when it smells. I should let the water flow always on it. :ThanxSmiley: