catching fishes in a mature tank or tank with alot of scape

• SRC Member

Just tot to share as we have been trying to use net to catch for 3 days.

Then Ken Ng loan this iso box and within 2 days 2 fishes!

If you tank is full of rock scape and corals plus you will like to reduce the number of fishes and do not wanna disturb of destory the scape. This is what we did:

Step 1

Starve the fishes for 1 day

Step 2

The doors of the isolation tank has a perpendicular "holder" just a small rectangle piece thats allows yuo easier access to open the trap door. Open the one side of the trap door with the "holder" on the bracing. Use a piece of wood or something as weight. The trap door must not be fully opened. its about 1/3 as this is the height i can hang off from the bracing of the tank. If its opne fully, the fish will swim in and out and its a useless trap.

Step 3

put food in the iso box. We use mussels, MP, pellets & brine shrimps all together. Maybe the smell of the something makes all the fishes go crazy.

Step 4

Put you light directly over the box, maybe it helps maybe not. But my thoughts is that if it shine down and dun look like its a trap as it maybe blinds the fish while looking up our something. But its a groundless theory, so up to you.

Step 5

If the fish you do not want to catch is in the box. Leave it alone, our nice small clown keep swimming in like its his palyground. But maybe it also entice other fish to swim in.

Step 6

DO NOT SIT in front all the time to watch the trap.

Step 7

As and when you walk pass just take a peep, if you see the fish you wanna trap is in the iso box. Usually they will kena try to find the way out. Thats why leave the trap door 1/3 opened.

Step 8

simply flick the edge of the door, remember the small "holder" is weight down. its a very simple flick and the door slams down.

So far within 2 days, trapped 2 of the fishes we wanna trap. without even stressing on any fishes or corals!

Now down to one more to catch. U wan the pic of the box? it just normal isolation box, I do not really understand what you like to find out. I stay in serangoon, so if you are near pop by
Pic says a thousand words bro...

• SRC Member

I have caught all the fishes that needs to be caught! this is without any destress or harm to the main tank. someone is collecting them tomorrow! so Ken you wanna collect back your iso box? Taufig, where you stay? If its near Ken's place i can show you how, provided Ken agrees toloan you the iso box or you have iso box?