Doing The Full Monti

diki88

• SRC Member

Save the earth, throw the plastic bottles in recycle bin.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

• SRC Member

Eh why does that happen leh bro?

Something to do with the pressure (atmospheric?) I guess.

I also read that normal air tubes are not wide enough for the air pressure to flow into the bottle, so no air goes in, no water comes out = stuck.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member
Save the earth, throw the plastic bottles in recycle bin. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Yep am planning to do that.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member

Something to do with the pressure (atmospheric?) I guess.

I also read that normal air tubes are not wide enough for the air pressure to flow into the bottle, so no air goes in, no water comes out = stuck.

Jialat. Ill run it on my tank and try. If no c*ck up then ill mix a little kalk in.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

Just checked basic cycling parameters :

Ammonia : 0.25

Nitrite : 0

Nitrate : 30

Btw here's a quickly taken FTS,

attachicon.gif http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=211870]20140415_122912.jpg

I juz saw this post, nice scape!! Lots of space for your monti/digi theme.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I juz saw this post, nice scape!! Lots of space for your monti/digi theme.

Hello bro thanks :)

however I moved away from my digi/monti theme le. Realised abit difficult to layer corals with the growth form of montis/digis.

• SRC Member

Cannot sleep so ill post a long update.

Tank has shown zero amm and nitrite consistently since last week and nitrate spiked to 40ppm which basically means its done cycling. Initially thought i didnt add enough ammonia/frozen prawn but the nitrate spike proved that wrong. Gotta say the LRs I got are well cured prior to this. Although the clicking sound I was hearing confirmed my fears, theres a mantis shrimp in it, was hoping its a pistol but saw the feelers when I on the lights at 2-3am; im just gona leave it there since Im not gona have much fishes anyways.

Did 15% water changes every few days to bring nitrate down while I stocked up on corals. Now nitrates are hovering around the 5-10ppm range, hard to confirm a reading from my API test kit. Phosphate hovering around 0.03 with Salifert test kit. Will run a full test tmr.

Couldn't find chemipure elite, every lfs I went had chemipure only so I am running rowa carbon and rowaphos in the ios. Cut a small piece of eggcrate to put a simple filter at the inlet of the ios. Decided to scrap my badly done diy ATO and manually top off in the morning and evening.

Many diatoms and gha on my tank surface and LR. Made me tempted to get sand and just cover the bottom but the ease of siphoning detritus put me off from buying.

So I added a few turbo snails to clean up and in the process saw a cute pearl eye clarkii at ng couple which cost like 8 gold coins. Aunty said its captive bred. I chose another one with just one eye that got the marking to make a pair and brought them home. They are doing well now feeding on mysis predominantly although they choose to stay behind the LRs. This pair will be my only fishes unless the mini dartfishes suddenly appear.

Just baked kh powder just now. Gona dose Randy Two part since water changes alone is not gona be enough to replace ca/alk consumption. On top of that im gona install a skimmer to run mb7+vodka. Currently seeding the tank with mb7. Also gona start with Grotech ABCM soon when im not so lazy, bought the nano pack but chuck it one side.

So that's it. Pics will come soon. This weekend I went on a coral buying binge from lfs and other reefers. Gotta thank them for their healthy frags. With my small water volume hv to watch out on the parameters more as quite a number of spses are added. Esp as ca/kh drops.

On hindsight, I decommed my prev fowlr so I can keep things simple with a nano. Now like more work lehhh. Hahahahha. Sure kena suan for being kay kiang. Haiya this is reefing mah, paradoxes happening every time.

• SRC Member

Eh,I Taught you decom from the hobby already..Cause i saw Your Status Update #The Legend Has Left# Lol..Haha..Buy some turbo's They will handle all those diatoms on your Floor Of the tank..Increase your flow in the tank..

cheers!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member
Eh,I Taught you decom from the hobby already..Cause i saw Your Status Update #The Legend Has Left# Lol..Haha..Buy some turbo's They will handle all those diatoms on your Floor Of the tank..Increase your flow in the tank.. cheers!
Lol bro I wouldn't be so thick skinned to call myself a legend. Was referring to another reefer. Yep got turbos to clean up the diatoms.
  • Like 1

• SRC Member

Did about 25% WC. Intended to do 15 but was sleepy and end up siphon out more than my pail can hold. Reminds me of someone although he forgets due being busy. So here are the parameters,

Ammonia : 0ppm

Nitrite : 0ppm

Nitrate : 0-5ppm

Calcium : 380ppm

Alk : 9.3dkh

Mag : never test,im assuming WC would keep it at good lvls. Dose small amounts of Kent Tech M once in awhile when I rmb.

Just started my first dose of Grotech A, half of the rcmnded amt, 3.5ml for my 70liter tank. Will be dosing Mon, Wed & Friday for ABC and Wed for M.

Ca & Kh is at 9ml daily, will adjust as corals grow.

• SRC Member

I cant seem to post pics right now -.-

• SRC Member

Bro come join me to the darker side. No need test water. Just add water n add fish and add fish and add fish. Endless poisoning. Running cost lower but fishes so much more expensive. LPPL. Wahahaha

• SRC Member
tEc" post="1174586" timestamp="1398703065"]Bro come join me to the darker side. No need test water. Just add water n add fish and add fish and add fish. Endless poisoning. Running cost lower but fishes so much more expensive. LPPL. Wahahaha
Hahahhahaa bro I just lol when I read the last part. Really LPPL. I also nw do this nano same, LPPL. One day I join u. See the vfr gian gian.

• SRC Member
tEc" post="1174589" timestamp="1398706008"]VFSR is nothing. Wait till I bring u to see a even better one.
Roger bro. One day we go see.

• SRC Member

My lily pipes just arrived. I ordered it almost 1.5 months back when I intended to use my old canister filter. Now its just gona be in my "one day ill use but don't know when" reefing pile.

post-19676-0-06191500-1398750347_thumb.j

• SRC Member

FTS

post-19676-0-37766600-1398750745_thumb.jpost-19676-0-23108600-1398750767_thumb.j

Anyways im tempted to add a small BTA island at the circled area to balance things.

post-19676-0-98449100-1398751112_thumb.p

• SRC Member

Nice FTS bro, planning on keeping any fishes?

Hello bro, only a clarkii pair.

post-19676-0-17977800-1398751448_thumb.j

I see you are looking for blotchy anthias le ah. Itchy itchy liao haha.

Haha, yah bro, abit buay tahan already. I upgraded my skimmer to deltec mce600 although my BM nac was doing a good job. Now got more room for error, so i decided to take the dip with the blotchy. I got one that is already trained on pellets, so makes it little easier on the tank parameters. Hope will do fine.

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member
Haha, yah bro, abit buay tahan already. I upgraded my skimmer to deltec mce600 although my BM nac was doing a good job. Now got more room for error, so i decided to take the dip with the blotchy. I got one that is already trained on pellets, so makes it little easier on the tank parameters. Hope will do fine.
Wah bro where u got it, pellet trained liao. Hmm im sourcing out for skimmer also. But should be getting it soon. Will post here if I decide to get this cool skimmer im eyeing. In other news, my bigger clarkii showing symptoms of brooks. Head area whitish and skin peeling. Sian. If bigger kena, most prob smaller soon will show also. And i got no formalin to treat them. -.-

• SRC Member

Bombom your tank is coming on nicely. If you don't plan to put in the anemone island, how about shifting the LR to the center? That will make it look nicer IMO.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Bombom your tank is coming on nicely. If you don't plan to put in the anemone island, how about shifting the LR to the center? That will make it look nicer IMO.

it wont because his ios is at the right. It will only look nice if there is no ios at the side.

• SRC Member

it wont because his ios is at the right. It will only look nice if there is no ios at the side.

Whats the difference with or without IOS at the side? The partition is just a wall. The LR doesn't hide any protruding overflow chambers. Care to share your opinion??