Doing The Full Monti

diki88

• SRC Member

Skimmer? Does it come with sponge at the output?

if I were you I would skip the skimmer with more WC instead.

Yep skimmer. Actually no sponge at the output. I didnt even think about that actually.

I am already changing 50% water every week considering the small water volume.

I bought the skimmer to see if nutrients can drive down further and vinegar dose also.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member

Yep skimmer. Actually no sponge at the output. I didnt even think about that actually.

I am already changing 50% water every week considering the small water volume.

I bought the skimmer to see if nutrients can drive down further and vinegar dose also.

My experience with nano/pico tanks is that the more you tinker or add stuff like equipment, GFO etc, the harder it is to keep your water parameters stable.

Your weekly wc is already enough. If you reduce too much nutrients your sps will starve out also. Just sharing my experience.

Btw, are you dosing 2 part daily?

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

My experience with nano/pico tanks is that the more you tinker or add stuff like equipment, GFO etc, the harder it is to keep your water parameters stable.

Your weekly wc is already enough. If you reduce too much nutrients your sps will starve out also. Just sharing my experience.

Btw, are you dosing 2 part daily?

thats true. thanks for the pointer. too tempting to keep tinkering and trying to reach the magical zero readings.

im not dosing two part. using kalk in top off. so far can keep up with ca/kh uptake cause not too many corals in my tank.

the tabling acro actually just RTN last night as u mentioned about tinkering and harder to keep parameters in check.

thanks for the advices.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member

thats true. thanks for the pointer. too tempting to keep tinkering and trying to reach the magical zero readings.

im not dosing two part. using kalk in top off. so far can keep up with ca/kh uptake cause not too many corals in my tank.

the tabling acro actually just RTN last night as u mentioned about tinkering and harder to keep parameters in check.

thanks for the advices.

Sorry for the tabling acro, it looked like a nice piece.

For small tanks, do not need to chase magical numbers. As long as your corals are doing fine and not showing signs of STN/RTN, you shouldn't worry much about readings. In fact, constantly trying to adjust to perfect readings is the same as tinkering and leading to higher chance of fluctuations.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Sorry for the tabling acro, it looked like a nice piece.

For small tanks, do not need to chase magical numbers. As long as your corals are doing fine and not showing signs of STN/RTN, you shouldn't worry much about readings. In fact, constantly trying to adjust to perfect readings is the same as tinkering and leading to higher chance of fluctuations.

bro, tell u secret since u got good eye for good things : it was an ssc colony which browned out due to adjusting to my lights.

btw u now no tanks arh?

• SRC Member

bro, tell u secret since u got good eye for good things : it was an ssc colony which browned out due to adjusting to my lights.

btw u now no tanks arh?

Haha your lights maybe too bright use some paper masking tape to shade the white bulbs.

You can check out my tank in the members forum. Think its about time to update also haha.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

bro im cycling my 3 footer now to fit in more corals. this tank still around but going to take it down soon.