Looking for large piece of rock

viviancoco

Hey viviancoco, u can try nanyang seaview, they have stock for plenty of artificial liverocks, left side when u enter the building. Not very costly.

Hijack this thread, what are the advantages of using artificial rocks? It was not popular previously. Only the very expensive ceramic ones.

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

I was considering using artificial rocks when i had my nitrate problem. Advantages are that it is absolutely pest free, doesn't requiring curing, and it won't leach phosphate if used for long term. These are common problems with live rock, especially phosphates. Previously, i used back my live rocks from a FOWLR tank, it was leaching phosphates non stop and couldn't bring it down.

Decided to start fresh and bought new live rocks. Reason i chose to go with live in the end was because i could not find a suitable artificial rock for my aquascape in mind, also the live rocks i got from CF were very porous which is good for anaerobic bacteria growth. Last reason was, i just couldnt trust an artificial rock that was made from a company with no reviews available online.

I Love Stagsss

The rocks I saw were rather good. Ceramic ones. But they are made in Germany. Imagine shipping them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

That was a long time ago. I can't remember the exact company name. But this look like the one I saw.

http://coralcraft.co.uk/Ceramic-Rock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks for sharing! but the prices are such a bomb. i previously used artificial rocks as well to scape my tank. but as time passes and bought more corals, i have to ditched the fake rocks due to the fact that i cant rescape to what i imagined. so now im back to live rocks. bought my artificial rocks from GO.