Clam died mysteriously

So recently my maxima died mysteriously. What happened was, i go to bed at 1 in the morning, the next morning at 9, my clam have shrink to half the shell, literally. its weird coz i have it for me for 2 months, was doing very well 8 hours before and suddenly this happened.

So i suspect it to be a pest, pyramid snail maybe. but after checing thoroughly, ive seen none of it. On top of it, my crocea is doing well. Anyone experience this "bizzare situation" before? it really puzzles me coz i got no idea what really happened.

• 1 month later...

what i know is clam are hard to keep. happen to me before. kept one for about a year. one night saw it shrinking badly, and the next morning gone. my tank smells. parameter was normal and mysteriously went dead.

• SRC Member

It is normally too late when a clam shows any signs of distress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• 4 weeks later...