Water change

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My test kits and method and result should be good , i counter check by making 1 litre of new saltwater from tap and sea salt.

It shows nitrate around 5 and phosphate <1.

No observable behavior from fish or shrimp . Previously when i do 1.5 month 50% water routine. i had all these problem instead ie disease fin rot, ick , skunk shrimp die after i do 50% water change the next day. I think my late regular lite filter cleaning routine remove off all these disease problem

i think back now, If there is weird con during my last 8 month no water change routine , is that tubo snails will alway die off when put in my tank (twice) in a day or two . Since my tank is usually not dirty mostly , i dont really need or bother with snail dieing . This can have some meaning now .

Ok next is ofcos to remove the high nitrate and phosphate in my water . With clear water as base it is easy to measure and see result of the vodka dosing and GFO . On youtude they claim like a miracle ie achieving 0 nitrate and zero phosphate ..... hahaha love it !

The train is back on track !

• 3 weeks later...

After 3 weeks of carbon dosing the nitrate and phosphate drops to 'within the last color bar'.

It is still very closer to the last bar , so it could be 140/120 and 9/8 .

The whole process is suppose to be 4 month. Unfortunately bacteria generated are flying all over the tank.. they are relatively big can see with naked eye under the lighting and causes my tangs to keep scratching on rocks and hide under the rock.

Over the weekend i aborted carbon dosing and water change 80% .