Hey bros. Just wondering how do we need that a particular skimmer is enough for tanks? Im running a 2ft cube tank and using a BM NAC 3.5 skimmer. Upon looking at other tanks of the bros here, it got me realise that i think my skimmer MIGHT be small. Anyways, im upgrading to a 3x3x2 soon and i was wondering can i use this existing skimmer to support the tank? or which skimmer is sufficient? Thanks!

If 3x3x2, the bm nac is definitely way to small. I would look at other bm series, or reef octopus if on a tighter budget.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I Love Stagsss

Normally the specs of the skimmers will indicate they are rated for how many litres. However, I suggest you go for the biggest one your constraints allow (space/budget/...).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

For example:

Needlewheel protein skimmer
Curve29
Capability : 1000L-2500L(265G -660G)
pump:SP4000 X2 ,20W
air intake : 1800L/H
Dimensions: 450*380*650mm(17.7" * 14.96" *25.59")
Water Level :9.85"-10.63"

Price: SGD700

Size of skimmer is made to handle 265G to 600G tanks. This should include your sump volume as well. Like bro dragon mentioned, usually we get skimmer that is overrated for our tanks. This is just to ensure optimum skimming + upgrading tank opportunities in the future. Just be careful not to buy undersized skimmer or insanely oversized skimmer. You will wan efficiency on top of optimum skimming too. Usually aim for 2 to 3 times ur tank vol. This may sound insane, but i am using a 192G rated skimmer on a 30G tank, i like the skimmate i get, not sure if it efficient though, may have too much waterflow.

I Love Stagsss