Bunster's 2 feet tank

Bunster

Nice golden anchor!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Superb Liao!!! :)

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Totally agree it's healthy. Their coloration is simply amazing. :/ everything I saw and like is like 3 digit per item. T.T Care to take a FTS w the golden?

Nice golden anchor!!

Nice golden hammer!

Superb Liao!!! :)

Thanks folks! Will take a FTS when I get home later

4032134229021418s_zpsx5nrshsi.JPG

• SRC Member

Same two feeter dropby to say hi.

Bro will the razor 120w lighting too strong for a two feet tank? I am undecide yet between the 60w and 120w

Hello bro... thanks for dropping by...

I'm currently running my razors at 60% white and 65% blue at its peak... So far so good, lps are doing well... sps like birdsnest are growing new branches. Might slowly increase a bit more and see how it goes.

I think you might still need a 120w for your 2 feet. Its more for the spread of the light. I was using the razor with the default 90 degree lens and the legs that it comes with. The middle part was quite intense and the corners were a bit dark. I changed to 120 degree lens and the spread is more even now, and I don't get the disco ball effect. With 60w, u probably wont get enough light at the corners.,,, unless you hang it quite high, but I'm not sure how effective that is.

• SRC Member

reef-1_zps860516db.jpg

Today's FTS

Parameters:

Salinity 1.025

Kh 9.3

Calcium 450

Magnesium 1230

Nitrate 2

Phosphate 0-0.03

Temp 26-27

Still having a lot of diatoms on the sandbed and glass. Still running Rowaphos and Poyplab Biospheres. Protein skimmer. Dosing Reef Energy A&B every other day. Coral Frenzy 2-3 times a week. Continuum iodide too. I'm using distilled drinking water (Polar) and Red Sea Pro salt. Changing 10% weekly and 20% monthly.

Just wondering whether the diatoms will lessen over time?

• SRC Member

reef-1_zps860516db.jpg

Today's FTS

Parameters:

Salinity 1.025

Kh 9.3

Calcium 450

Magnesium 1230

Nitrate 2

Phosphate 0-0.03

Temp 26-27

Still having a lot of diatoms on the sandbed and glass. Still running Rowaphos and Poyplab Biospheres. Protein skimmer. Dosing Reef Energy A&B every other day. Coral Frenzy 2-3 times a week. Continuum iodide too. I'm using distilled drinking water (Polar) and Red Sea Pro salt. Changing 10% weekly and 20% monthly.

Just wondering whether the diatoms will lessen over time?

Bro, for diatom control did you try turbo snail or the normal looking snail? My tank diatom phase over now is red slime algae phase... to me i rather have diatom...

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

Very nice tank! Thanks bro for posting! I see some cool corals around! Heheh. I'm facing diatom issues and a little hair algae after switching to razor. Using the 60w and agrees that with 120 spread, still not wide enough. But it's only at the corners, so that doesn't affect me much.

Bro Bunster, can to share your razor setting? What time to what time, and what % for A:B?

I am trying to increase my corals to absorb more nutrients than giving these diatoms a chance to expand. But I think my lighting timing need to readjust as I'm seeing more hair algae growing after all my snails died.

• SRC Member

Bro, for diatom control did you try turbo snail or the normal looking snail? My tank diatom phase over now is red slime algae phase... to me i rather have diatom...

The snails don't seem very interested. But you're right... It's better than red slime.

Bro Planted... My current light settings are:

00:00 A 0% B 0%

09:00 A 0% B 0%

12:00 A 60% B 65%

16:00 A 60% B 65%

19:00 A 0% B 50%

21:00 A 0% B 1%

• SRC Member

Chio tank got a lot of potential!!!! Sweet photography you sure you use a iPhone cam? Haha.. Cheers! Have a great weekend too :)

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Chio tank got a lot of potential!!!! Sweet photography you sure you use a iPhone cam? Haha.. Cheers! Have a great weekend too :)

thank you thank you.... the last few pics weren't with an iphone. I've just got a new macro lens, so I've been testing it out... more pics... enjoy!

firefish-1_zps7e554e03.jpg

gramma-1_zps8313ec80.jpg

Nice photography skills.

• Like 1

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Very close Planted! But i'm afraid its definitely not an acropora

It belongs to Seriatopora guttatus family . My guess would be its a Bird of paradise Birdnest. something similar to this

post-18626-0-87671800-1408369686_thumb.j

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Very close Planted! But i'm afraid its definitely not an acropora

It belongs to Seriatopora guttatus family . My guess would be its a Bird of paradise Birdnest. something similar to this

attachicon.gifbop_birdsnest_1003.jpg

Thank you Tofubox, that info is much appreciated.... hope mine turns out to be as nice.

And good attempt Planted!