Bunster's 2 feet tank

Bunster

• SRC Member

Fishy update...

fish-1_zps0381d195.jpg

One of my royal grammas... the oldest inhabitant in my tank

fish-2_zps6c09b40d.jpg

My clownfish has finally decided to host something... the Duncans... this guy is quite eccentric

fish-3_zps9d703553.jpg

Finally decided that my green banded goby is ready for the DT, its been residing in a satellite box for the last 2 months... think its doubled in size... Good luck little guy!

• Like 1

4032134229021418s_zpsx5nrshsi.JPG

• SRC Member

3f2c9a0649c0375ba561bfe14581c8cf.jpg

Got tired of manually dosing every day to keep up with the demands of the corals, so I bought a jebao dosing pump with the skimz container. Setting up was quite straightforward. Hopefully it will help keep my alkalinity more stable.

• SRC Member

Great Progress bro! Nice shots

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

Damn nice plate!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Me Likey!

Its time for a FTS! (:

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Here is the FTS for November

novfts-1_zps4d89e2bf.jpg

Current Equipment List:

Tank: Ocean Free 96l AIO

Chiller: Hailea HS-28

Lighting: Maxspect Razor 120w 16k with 120 degree lens

Skimmer: Skimz SH1

Wavemaker: Jebao WP10

Doser: Jebao DP-4

Filtration:

1st compartment: Filter wool and Biohome

2nd compartment: Polyp Lab Biospheres

3rd compartment: Skimmer

4th compartment: Rowaphos and Rowacarbon

5th compartment: return pump

Livestock:

Fish: Naoko wrasse, misbarred black oscellaris, red firefish, royal gramma x2, broadband goby, yasha goby, tailspot blenny, green banded goby(missing), panda gobies x2 (missing)

Inverts: Blood red shrimp, sexy shrimp x 4, Pom pom crabs x2, blue banded coral shrimp, derasa clam

Cuc: Turban snails x2, hermit crabs x2, nassarius snails x4, serpent sea star, blue tuxedo urchin, abalone

Corals: whats shown in the pic, list too long

Updates:

My tank is now in its sixth month. The diatoms on the sandbed are now gone but they've been replaced by cyano on the sandbed which I've been fighting this past month. I think I'm finally winning the war. I've been siphoning all the cyano out along with the affected sand every week. This past week has seen clear sand except at some corners. There's also a stubborn patch of bryopsis that I've been pulling out manually, fortunately its quite hidden from view. The hair algae outbreak on the back wall seems to be receding by itself.

The best investment this month was the auto doser. Its been tiring keeping up with the demands of the sps and manually dosing everyday.

But my biggest problem now is that I've almost run out of space for new corals... sigh..

• SRC Supporter

Here is the FTS for November

novfts-1_zps4d89e2bf.jpg

Current Equipment List:

Tank: Ocean Free 96l AIO

Chiller: Hailea HS-28

Lighting: Maxspect Razor 120w 16k with 120 degree lens

Skimmer: Skimz SH1

Wavemaker: Jebao WP10

Doser: Jebao DP-4

Filtration:

1st compartment: Filter wool and Biohome

2nd compartment: Polyp Lab Biospheres

3rd compartment: Skimmer

4th compartment: Rowaphos and Rowacarbon

5th compartment: return pump

Livestock:

Fish: Naoko wrasse, misbarred black oscellaris, red firefish, royal gramma x2, broadband goby, yasha goby, tailspot blenny, green banded goby(missing), panda gobies x2 (missing)

Inverts: Blood red shrimp, sexy shrimp x 4, Pom pom crabs x2, blue banded coral shrimp, derasa clam

Cuc: Turban snails x2, hermit crabs x2, nassarius snails x4, serpent sea star, blue tuxedo urchin, abalone

Corals: whats shown in the pic, list too long

Updates:

My tank is now in its sixth month. The diatoms on the sandbed are now gone but they've been replaced by cyano on the sandbed which I've been fighting this past month. I think I'm finally winning the war. I've been siphoning all the cyano out along with the affected sand every week. This past week has seen clear sand except at some corners. There's also a stubborn patch of bryopsis that I've been pulling out manually, fortunately its quite hidden from view. The hair algae outbreak on the back wall seems to be receding by itself.

The best investment this month was the auto doser. Its been tiring keeping up with the demands of the sps and manually dosing everyday.

But my biggest problem now is that I've almost run out of space for new corals... sigh..

NICCCCEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol

Just have to keep reefing... cant stop now~!

• SRC Member

Could you share your dosing regime?

Sure... left that bit out...

Bacteria: Brightwell microbacter7 1-2 drops daily

Ca/Kh/Mg: Red Sea Reef Foundation A,B,C 4-5 mls each daily

Strontium: Tropic Marin 1/2 spoon every 2 weeks

Iodine: Continuum Iodide 1 ml daily

Nutrients: Red Sea Reef Energy A&B 2mls each every other day

Changing about 10% of water every week with red sea coral pro salts

Change the filter wool once a week. Rowaphos and carbon replaced monthly.

Feeding fish with NLS Thera A and TDO chroma boost pellets twice daily. Occasionally give henry's reef gourmet or frozen mysis as a treat. I also feed microbe life LPS pellets to the lps once a week. Oyster eggs or coral frenzy for the rest of the corals every 2-3 days.

• SRC Supporter

Thanks for sharing :)

I thought that dosing bacteria is a one time activity during cycling...good to learn something new here.

One dosing pump not enough. :blush:

Sure... left that bit out...

Bacteria: Brightwell microbacter7 1-2 drops daily

Ca/Kh/Mg: Red Sea Reef Foundation A,B,C 4-5 mls each daily

Strontium: Tropic Marin 1/2 spoon every 2 weeks

Iodine: Continuum Iodide 1 ml daily

Nutrients: Red Sea Reef Energy A&B 2mls each every other day

Changing about 10% of water every week with red sea coral pro salts

Change the filter wool once a week. Rowaphos and carbon replaced monthly.

Feeding fish with NLS Thera A and TDO chroma boost pellets twice daily. Occasionally give henry's reef gourmet or frozen mysis as a treat. I also feed microbe life LPS pellets to the lps once a week. Oyster eggs or coral frenzy for the rest of the corals every 2-3 days.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

Nope :) Dosing bacteria is an ongoing process. For Bacter7 it's daily for a week when u start the tank and once a week after that. But I'm still dosing daily even after the first week. Just that I'm dosing a lot lesser then recommended.

The idea is to maintain the active bacteria in the tank. Another thing to note is that bacteria that successfully removed Nitrate takes around 4-5 months to fully cultivate.

On a side note: .. I love those Panda Gobys!

• SRC Member

Superb Tank! Those panda gobies are adorable sia haha..very nice bro not everyone can keep such a beautiful reef in such a small tank..time to upgrade haha..btw changing or cleaning the filter wool biweekly would be better bro :) my2cents

• SRC Member

NICCCCEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol

Thanks bro!

Nope :) Dosing bacteria is an ongoing process. For Bacter7 it's daily for a week when u start the tank and once a week after that. But I'm still dosing daily even after the first week. Just that I'm dosing a lot lesser then recommended.

The idea is to maintain the active bacteria in the tank. Another thing to note is that bacteria that successfully removed Nitrate takes around 4-5 months to fully cultivate.

On a side note: .. I love those Panda Gobys!

I can't find those pandas anymore! Hope they'll emerge one day

Superb Tank! Those panda gobies are adorable sia haha..very nice bro not everyone can keep such a beautiful reef in such a small tank..time to upgrade haha..btw changing or cleaning the filter wool biweekly would be better bro :) my2cents

Thanks bro! Thats actually a very good idea... the filter wool is so packed with sh*t every week :thumbsup: