starting new nano tank

Its my 1st post here so forgive me if i posted wrong section .

senario : i have 1) 1.5 x 1 feet tank ( left over from FW )

2) 2 x HOF ( normal filter / charcoal filter )

3) moderate experience in setting up new FW tank , water cycling etc .

4) simple led lights

5) fan

i am wondering if the above will be sufficient to set up a small marine tank , looking at hardy corals(?) and maybe 2-4 clown fish.

been reading the forums but most terms turn up alien to me .

i will appreciate if seniors can advise on

1) where to purchase live rock , sand, supplies etc

2) what to buy and place in HOF ( space constraint in hof)

3) anywhere to buy mature water or seedling materials

im on a tight budget as newborn is coming , hoping that i can set up a small tank so she can appreciate nature when she arrives .

so please recommend me " cheapest" solution .

thank you in advance ,

Gerald

Hi bro. Same like u, i just jumped from FW to marine. First of all, welcome to the club!

1) You can buy live rocks almost everywhere. Pasir ris farmway, Jalan Bahar, etc. Theres so many shops selling live rocks and sands. Some bro here also do sell of their live rock! (i do have a large rock if u want hehe)

2) Im still new, so im just sharing my media. Im only running biohomme plus which i brought over from my FW back then.

3) Some fish farms do sell NSW. etc Iwatna, Ah beng, Jireh so on..

For the advise on the "cheapest" set up, i used to be like u. Always wanted to have the cheapest set up. But end up i splurge alot AT THE BEGINNING, and now im reaping the rewards. You can try readong up the thread i started on "Cheapest set up" to get a rough idea how our other bros run their cheap set up successfuly. Hope my advice help u. Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saeight shared very well ^^ equipment wise try to get from forum. :) can save more. The idea of touching coral means spending. If not you will be busy fire fighting the tank problems like algae and parameter mess instead of enjoying with your new born. My 2ft tank costs me easily 4 digits to settle it down without casualties in corals and fishes. :) but it's worth the price. Buy bit by bit. Keep a look out at forum as I believe some bros are releasing equipments recently.

• 2 weeks later...