My nano iTank - Newbie

Harryfocker

The prata looking coral is a cynarina.

• Like 1

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• 5 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Bro firstly welcome to the salty world! If you know Jackie you know his zoas is really nice trust me kena poison crazy.. Take note on SG Swings will happen very fast on your tank..best test everyday and slowly dose rodi or distiller water too compensate with lost water.. Your tank would be nice for some nice zoa and mushrooms that are relatively easy too keep and are super forgiving

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

Dear Ashwin,thanks for the advice. I check the water quality quite dutifully and bought the ro/di from tunze but it did not work due to tap size I guess.yes, I blame Jackie the evil dark lord who infected me with this hobby haha. Next is a clam, zoes, one more bubble and it should be complete..that's what I said the last time! FOWLR and see what happened!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

New toy hehehe.. I got tired positioning my Tunze wavemaker pump as the sand keeps getting blown upwards. Did lots of DIY engineering. Even opened the Tunze filter box and took out the less powered wave pump (surprise surprise .. interchangeable parts in Tunze) and used as my wavemaker. The swap was successful but it was still stirring up sand. In the end, I decided to spurt some blood and get the VorTech pump MP10 Wireless. It works beautifully. The corals just "bloom". They just like the pulsating wavelets. And there is a LED-lighted dial and it is like a spaceship dial. Yeah! Take us out of the Space Dock. Full Speed Ahead. ENGAGE!!! (From Star Trek). And the Hyperdrive goes lightspeed... wahahahaha

post-23595-0-50003800-1411655302_thumb.j

Dear Sea Cucumber,

The Tunze skimmer is amazing. Like Apple, it just works. I have two Tunze filters. I have 3162 and 3163. Go for the 3163. I feel the 3162 is underpowered. If you open 3163, you will realize it has a Turbelle nanostream inside, possibly Model 6015. I replaced it with 6025 as I had a spare after purchasing the Vortech. So anyone interested in a 6015 let me know. I THINK it is a 6015 as it is the lowest powered Turbelle wavemaker.

Ahem, I'm A. Quarium, not sea cucumber.
I alw hv a gd laugh when ppl call them by their member titles instead of their nick.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• 2 weeks later...

Too many space requirements for a bigger tank. I think nano tank can be maintained with overkill filters. I have 2 tunze comlink filters, one skimmer, one coralife uv sterilizer and a ecotech wave maker, carbon, bio pellets, biospheres, pura complete, pura filter pad and the water is good. Maybe due to over feeding , my fault, there is a trace of ammonia around 0.15. Other than that, hardly need water change as nitrate is near zero. For some unexplained reasons, bubble corals do very well but the hammer and torch keep dying. If I can turn back time will go for a smaller tank like the prototype I saw at Golden Octopus which is a 1 ft tank but done so well.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...