Is keeping a shark legal in singapore ?

Hi I am a new hobbist and was wondering if any farms in singapore sells baby sharks.

And what is the smallest size aquarium for a shark.

What kind of fish can be mix with it ?

• SRC Member

Yes they are

Depending on the species lol.

I've seen Cat Sharks everywhere.

Saw a Blacktip in a LFS but not sure if it's for sale..

And keep fishes that can hold its own against the shark and is of some size E.G. Tangs,Foxfaces,Tusks,Triggers etc

steak pls

I have a 4ft marine tank now and a 6ft freshwater tank so basically if I buy a baby shark and grows larger , I am thinking of converting my 6ft tank to a marine tank.

• SRC Member

500+ I'd say.

And you gotta consider the tank size too.

Overall maintaining a shark aquarium is abit overkill.And 6ft is too small for a Black Tip.Wanna stay in a toilet stall for the rest of your life?They can grow up to 6ft.

And the shark will be the least expensive of all the equipment you will need,like a tank[Needs to be round],Food,water changes,health and so on.

Would strongly advise you to consider your decision..

Or you can go ahead and watch the poor shark die slowly.

Sorry for harshness but it's true.

steak pls

• SRC Member

Yup. U can keep a black tip in a 322 tank.but cannot move at all. Will u want that? Stress the poor thing. If u go read up. U will read that pple will advise the biggest possible tank for it. Like a 10ft by 8ft by 4ft for it. But even that size. Still got pple say too small. I'm actually considering a shark tank in the future. Probably in the range of 10ft by 4ft by 4ft. Of coz some pple will say it's too small

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Baby bamboo shark is easy to keep but the food sizes must cut according to the mouth for bamboo to eat. Loves cut pieces of squid, prawn and kuning. Can grow into adults in one year. Becareful bamboo shark like to hide and tumble coral if keep in coral tanks.

• 2 weeks later...