Fishgeek's new tank

fishgeek

Hi everyone,

Have got a new house and with it came a new tank. Its a 915mm x 700mm x 610mm (12mm thick) by Vincent. Still waiting for the rest of the barang barang to come.

So I thought of starting whatever I have now.

post-2693-0-20999500-1404109509_thumb.jp

post-2693-0-34994600-1404109522_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Firstly Welcome!.. :thumbsup:

What camera are they from?..I Normally Resave them and wala....Its because The files are big..or you can try uploading Via Flickr Then To SRC..

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

no cure for error 500. i had this error since last year.

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.

Very neat looking tank. The drop in coil & compressor also supplied & done by Vincent?

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• 3 weeks later...

Some updates. I have bought an RO/DI but did not know that the waste water is in a ratio of 1:4. Therefore to fill my 100 Gallon tank I am going to loose 400 Gallon.

Any good suggestion for me to save water? Vincent has suggested to top up the tank with tap water then run a DI to filter the water till the TDS reads 0. Is this good?

• SRC Supporter

Anyone using Hydra 52 can share their light settings?

My setting for Hydra 52 ;

white : 65

Violet : 20

Red: 30

Green: 30

Blue: 80

Royal Blue : 80

D-Blue : 80

UV : 30

My light is about 16 " above the water level. Be careful about the white and UV setting as it might bleach your corals. Too much red and green and you will have algae issues especially for a new tank. Slowly increase the intensity up by 5-10% per week and observe the coral reaction to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice looking tank.

Waiting for more updates.

Main Tank: 93 Gallon Cube Tank
Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455, Skimz Mini SN143
Chiller: Arctica DBA-075
Lightings: AI Hydra 52 x 02
Wavemaker: Vortech mp-40 x 02, Tunze 6020
Dosing Pump: Jebao with Grotech ABC,123 & Mag
Return Pump: Deltec H20cean 5000
Reactor: Biopellets with FR & Deltec H20cean 2000

FR: Skimz BR80

Supplements: Seachem Reef Builder, Seachem Calcium, Seachem Magnesium, Seachem Kalkwassar, Seachem Iodine

+1 for sand. Go for live sand that will speed up the cycling process. Can show your sump set up and lightings . Cheers !

Supplements: Seachem Reef Builder, Seachem Calcium, Seachem Magnesium, Seachem Kalkwassar, Seachem Iodine

Hi,

Still busy unpacking my stuff at new house and got no time for the tank at the moment. I have no experience with this type of rocks too. I just added some bacteria and keep the tank running for 2 weeks now without any lights.

Will be going to my old house to transfer my Royal Gramma to the new tank. Cross my fingers that it can tahan. Anyone got a small live rock for me to seed my new tank? Don't want to use my existing live rocks because got some aiptasia.

Btw Aquarium Artist has posted my tank in his thread. The last few is mine. I welcome any comments.

Cycling with lights on.