Yet another 4ft shallow tank in the making

whq

After years of considerations, finally embarking with a bigger tank. Have doing nano tank quiet while reading and learning.

With this new embarkment, i like to share some of my setup plans. Hope all bros can give some advise to fine tune my tank.

Tank size: 4 x 1.5 x 1.5ft with sump (custom made and pending delivery due to new house renovation)

Lightset: Ati sunpower 6 x 39w (will be collecting from a bro and still thinking of the tube combo)

Skimmer: bubblemagus nac 3.5 (understand this is severely underpower, but due to budget i planning upfrade for this at later time)

Wavemaker: jebao rw 15

Return pump: jebao dc 10k (will do a t-joint to chiller, the return to main tank will be splitted into another 2 inlet at front and back of tank)

Doser: 4 channel jebao doser (currently planning for fauna marin balling lite, any comments or reccomendations?)

Ato: smart auto top up system (which compartment do you guys put it in? Planning for the return compartment in sump)

Chiller: hailea 66a feed off from jebao dc 10k

Overflow: will go into a 4inch diameter filter sock from main tank

This tank is mainly planned for a mixed reef tank with top portion dominated with sps and bottom portion with various lps. Currently also planning for a thin layer of sand for contrast, but abit worried on the dirty sand bed look. For my sump, i am thinking of setting up a diy algae scrubber using the airlift method supplemented with some chaeto. Is this sufficient to avoid using fr for nitrate and phosphate resin (reducing cost as well as wanting tank to be as natural as possible)

Hope to hear some advice.

Tank setup

4ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft (3 way viewing)

ATI Sunpower 6 x 39w

Arctica 1/5Hp

Skimz SM161 skimmer

Smart ATO system

Jebao DC 12k

Jebao dosing pump (Fauna Marine Lite balling - Thinking)

Jebao RW 15 wavemaker

Upgrading in Process.....

More infomation coming soon!