Share your love for LEDs lighting and win a AI HYDRA 26

post-1182-0-02294200-1405408827_thumb.jp

Share your love for your LEDs lighting and stay to win a AI HYDRA TWENTY SIX here.

It is going to be a Fun and simple contest !

Post your reply here on this thread to stand to win a unit of the latest AI HYDRA TWENTY SIX led here.

The member posting which gather the highest numbers of " LIKES " voted by other members on the forum here will get to win the lighting.

Note;

- The contest is open to all members, moderator except me :(

- Closing date ; 31th Aug 2014 @ 2359 SRC time.

- Judging Decision is final.

- Double voting by same members will be consider " No count" .

- Winner will be Announce here and notify by PM on the collection.

- Please DO NOT specify brands of LED which you prefer in your post , as this is not about a contest to compare which LED is better ect. We might remove the posting if it validate this rule .

Haha... Allow me to have a shot as I need one to supplement my mh and T5. And if it's proven, there is no stopping me to goal ( still World Cup mood ) LED all the way...

Here's why I love LED.

MH and T5 had been here for donkey years now.Going forward, there will not be breakthrough improvement. They are actually like women of age 50's. Their prime is over,excitement is history, and face lift and silicon filling ( R & D )will not help much either. Direction points down. Droops.

Hey, LED is the latest girl in town. She is fresh, young and sexy. Probably like 20 something and one can spend more years with her, knowing she can only develop ( technology) better with time. She will bring out the best performance from you, day and night. She shines, she works, you just sit and relax and enjoy the colours before your eyes.

So now, isn't it obvious. Who needs aunties mh and T5 when there is Miss LED. One is past, the other future.

Miss LED is the way to a brighter , sexier and exotic involvement.

I have made my choice for LED.

What's yours?

Cheers,

Yt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

• SRC Member

8 Reasons to believe and Love LED

1. Vivid Effect

- On it, look at the celling, Disco time. You, coral and fishes.

post-17215-0-52884800-1405503247_thumb.j

2. Unlimited colour possibilities

- Photo taking mode, thunderstorm, cloud mode for shy fishes

- Have you tried it for Fresh water plant tank?

post-17215-0-60943300-1405503250.jpg

3. Ultimate performance

- Powerful enough to burn out special colour of SPS

- Exceeds the Visible Spectrum, not just what you can see.

post-17215-0-80838000-1405503253.jpg

4. Solid Design

- It is not an equipment but an artwork a part of your setup.

post-17215-0-00932700-1405503257.jpg

5. Cost saving

- Low electricity consumption and less heat goes to tank

- T5 tubes a year = (8 tubes x $30 x 2 times a year) 480 SGD a year. Yes I am throwing a LED set every year.

post-17215-0-05951800-1405503261.jpg

6. Amazing scalability

- Add on wireless control, connect to reef control system, racking system…

- A lot more to connect with

post-17215-0-09363200-1405503264.jpg

7. Full control

- Manage 10 tanks with up to 30 lights with one wireless controller

- 100 control points per LED colour per group for a given day.

- Access everywhere, any time

post-17215-0-74694000-1405503267.jpg

8. Easy maintenance and upgrading

- Clean the fun, lens and check connection, that is all to keep it running.

- Upgrade to a deeper tank? Just change the lens

- New tech, new led bulb? Easy, replace the bulb then.

post-17215-0-14983700-1405503271.jpg

So yes, I of course love LED, but Why I am still using T5?

post-17215-0-58568200-1405503274_thumb.j

Images are from online, have fun! J

• Like 7

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

• SRC Member

LEDs oh LEDs, I have used you from freshwater to saltwater, what a loyal servant you have been in lighting up my hobby! (Pun intended)

I like it when it made the freshwater plants shimmer and pearling.

I like it when it saves me money

I like it when my parents assume the wattage is much lesser than it really is

I like it when I can tune the light with precision

I like it when my family asked me if my LED is going crazy because its in the thunderstorm mode

I like it when my sister says its disruptive to her watching tv

I like it when I know I can count on the LED technology to provide for my corals

I like it when I can plot my lighting graph

I like it when I can share/adopt fellow reefers graph

I like it when sponsors continually bring us the latest in LED technology

I like it when sponsors share the love with reefers

I like it when there is a director in my house supervising my hardworking employee from AI

I LOVE to get my hands on Hydra 26!

Tank Size: 3.5 ft x 2 ft x 2 ft
Sump: 3ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft”
Return Pump: Eheim 1264
Chiller Pump: H2Ocean Flow Pump 3000
Skimmer: Vertex Alpha 200
Wavemakers: 2 X Maxspect Gyre 130; 1 x Ecotech VorTech MP10WES, 1 x Ecotech VorTech MP40WES, 1x Jebao RW15
Filtration: Schuran Multifilter 100 (Rowa Phos), Two Little Fishies Phosban 150 Fluidised Reactor (Vertex Rox 0.8 Carbon), Enductor Fluidized Reactor- FR45 (NP Biopellets & All In One Biopellets) with Eden 140 Pump, Santa Monica Hogx1 Algae Turf Scrubber, Cheato
Calcium Reactor: Skimz CM152 with needle valve and Maxijet 600 feed Pump (CaribSea ARM Extra Coarse ,KZ Coral Gravel, Two Little Fishies Reborn, Grotech Magnesium Pro)
Dosing: Bubble Magnus Dosing Pump BM-T01 + 2 x 4 Head Expansion Accessory BM-T02
Bio Media: Marine Pure, Bacteria King, Eheim Substrat Pro, Eheim Substrat, Seachem DeNitrate, PowerHouse Hard, Polyplab Biosphere, Seachem Purigen

Chiller: JBJ Arctica Titanium Aquarium Chiller (1/3 Hp - DBE-150)
Lighting: ATI Powermodule 6 x 39 Watt T5. Solite 4 x 39 Watt T5 (Only 2 used) (Blue+ Blue+ Coral+ Purple+ Coral+ AB Special) (Blue+ Purple+)
Auto Top Up system: Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off
Monitoring: 2 x Milwaukee MC 122 PH Controller (Calcium Reactor & PH Monitoring)

Substrate: CaribSea Aragamax Select

Here's my take, based on my own experience why I LOVE Leds .

post-21658-0-93392000-1405580640.jpg

In the beginning, I started my reef tank with simple T5 lighting. When my tank is filled with corals, I knew something was missing. My tank looks dull and boring under normal white and blue lights. This was not what I want to achieve when I got into this hobby after a dive in Maldives.

post-21658-0-90734700-1405580721.jpg

Later that year, I joined SRC and learned about LED, I manage to save some money for 2 set of LEDs. To my surprise, the whole tank look completely different, the leds bring out each coral colors and even penetrate deep enough to give a shimmering water effect on the sand bed. The effect and color of the corals was even more intense than in the ocean. That was also when I began to love my tank and spending most of my time at home watching the coral glow than visiting LFS. Since then I have never look back and would only consider LEDs for a reef tank.

Why I love Leds :

1. Leds save you a lot of money on monthly electricity bill. ( compare your monthly bill and you will know)
  2. Leds do not generate a lot heat compare to T5 and MH ( can even have mini fan attached to it )
  3. Leds is low maintenance than T5 and MH ( no need to change light tube at regular basis)
  4. Leds can be programmed to your preferred timing and also sunrise & sunset effect. (sit back and enjoy your tank , programed led give you different lighting effect at your preferred timing, don’t need manual on off light)
  5. Leds, a good set, give you a full spectrum of light and bring out each individual coral colors (colors you can’t imagine and surprises you from time to time)
  6. Leds come in modern and slim design ( Example: light-weight, give flexibility in mounting)
  7. Leds have a lot of added features (Example: wireless controller, can change different angle lens and easy to upgrade etc.)

Due to work commitment, I move into FOWLR. I thought keeping fishes do not need Leds. I regretted letting go my old sets!!!

http://youtu.be/iGWv4rR0Wu4

Do my fishes look dull?? :cry: I believe my fishes can also look just as bright, colorful and striking as the corals. Imagining them move around the tank showing off their beautiful body and fins marking/coloration.

What am I waiting now? The answer is AI HYDRA TWENTY SIX to bring out my fishes color and turn my dull looking tank back to life again!!! LOL :D I do not have many SRC friends, so dear SRC members, if you like my video and hope to see another video of my fishes with AI HYDRA TWENTY SIX lighting. Pls like this page!! LOL Thank you!!

Pictures and video are property of Hydrox78.

• Like 2

• SRC Member

I like LED not only because what everyone has put all the efforts to summarize the advantages of LED lighting in this thread...

But also because without LED, this contest would be non-existent in the first place ;)

• Like 2

• High Output LED lights do not have the heat problems of Metal Halides, use VASTLY less electricity, often last 50,000 hours, and are very compact. Some LEDs to produce a lot of heat too. If the fan fails, the fixture has to be replaced.
  • The best LED Fixtures produce less useless yellow/green spectrum light than traditional lights (in aquarium adjusted configurations), as these new technology LED emitters can be selected for the exact wavelength of light, thus almost no or little useless yellow or green light is emitted, so although the LED may seem less bright than some HO lights with the naked eye (such as T5s or MH) the actual output of light energy in spectrums we cannot see (CRI) is much higher, this is why gauging a light by what you see is highly inaccurate.
  • LED lights with proper Kelvin, Nanometer, PAR & most importantly PURoutput emitters may prove to be more suitable for planted tank lighting and reef tanks because they offer superior flexibility when compared with traditional fluorescent lighting.

When the better LED lights operate, the photometric radiation remains within a narrow band on the electromagnetic spectrum. Specific photometric wavelengths are often beneficial to some aquatic plant life and reef tanks.

Controlling specific wavelengths becomes possible through a basic network of certain colored LED lights connected to a digital LED controller.

• Since LEDs emit light only in very specific direction, the installer has the option to illuminate a precise area by simply rotating the polycarbonate tube casing. For this reason the LED does not need to produce as many lumens of light for the same results as most conventional lights. With most conventional lights, many lumens of important light energy are lost due to lack of focus, this includes power compacts and fluorescent lights in general, which need higher lumen outputs to achieve the same lighting parameters. One test shows at least a 166% difference of lumens at 20 inches in favor of the Aqua Ray LED for the same given wattage as compared to a compact Fluorescent.
  • Another advantage over ALL fluorescent lights, is that LED Fixtures do not loose output over time, most specifically the important PUR wavelengths found in PAR. Fluorescent lights on the other hand do, and this is easily tested by placing a lit one year old fluorescent of the exact same type, next to a lit new one of the exact same brand/type.

With a 6500K fluorescent, the new one clearly has more blue than the more yellow older lamp!

• Like 1

• SRC Member

• High Output LED lights do not have the heat problems of Metal Halides, use VASTLY less electricity, often last 50,000 hours, and are very compact. Some LEDs to produce a lot of heat too. If the fan fails, the fixture has to be replaced.
  • The best LED Fixtures produce less useless yellow/green spectrum light than traditional lights (in aquarium adjusted configurations), as these new technology LED emitters can be selected for the exact wavelength of light, thus almost no or little useless yellow or green light is emitted, so although the LED may seem less bright than some HO lights with the naked eye (such as T5s or MH) the actual output of light energy in spectrums we cannot see (CRI) is much higher, this is why gauging a light by what you see is highly inaccurate.
  • LED lights with proper Kelvin, Nanometer, PAR & most importantly PURoutput emitters may prove to be more suitable for planted tank lighting and reef tanks because they offer superior flexibility when compared with traditional fluorescent lighting.

When the better LED lights operate, the photometric radiation remains within a narrow band on the electromagnetic spectrum. Specific photometric wavelengths are often beneficial to some aquatic plant life and reef tanks.

Controlling specific wavelengths becomes possible through a basic network of certain colored LED lights connected to a digital LED controller.

• Since LEDs emit light only in very specific direction, the installer has the option to illuminate a precise area by simply rotating the polycarbonate tube casing. For this reason the LED does not need to produce as many lumens of light for the same results as most conventional lights. With most conventional lights, many lumens of important light energy are lost due to lack of focus, this includes power compacts and fluorescent lights in general, which need higher lumen outputs to achieve the same lighting parameters. One test shows at least a 166% difference of lumens at 20 inches in favor of the Aqua Ray LED for the same given wattage as compared to a compact Fluorescent.
  • Another advantage over ALL fluorescent lights, is that LED Fixtures do not loose output over time, most specifically the important PUR wavelengths found in PAR. Fluorescent lights on the other hand do, and this is easily tested by placing a lit one year old fluorescent of the exact same type, next to a lit new one of the exact same brand/type.

With a 6500K fluorescent, the new one clearly has more blue than the more yellow older lamp!

Plagiarism is allowed huh?

At least credit the site where you copied word for word ..

http://aquarium-digest.com/tag/best-led-reef-lights/

• Like 4

I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government. - Woody Allen

• SRC Member

Plagiarism is allowed huh?

At least credit the site where you copied word for word ..

http://aquarium-digest.com/tag/best-led-reef-lights/

Lol

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

Light Emitting Diode hence LED is not a new technology it was invented abt 150 yrs ago.Some media even hailed it as the fourth most important discoveries aft the WHEEL.Intially it only emits altraviolet but through the years,many inventor have improved and enhance it to produce difference colour spectrums

LED have many advantages over Metal Halide or Incandescent light soucres;

1) lower energy consumption

2) longer lifetime

3) improved physical robustness

4) smaller size and lastly faster switching.

Imagine 'IF' every countries were to switch to using LED or using ( less or Free Energy).then we're are using less fossil fuel

hence saving our MotherEarth.

So far the ranking for reefer with the most " LIKES" 1) BELL 2) Marcovan 3) yellowtang
I thought 2nd shd be ClementC followed by Macrovan 3rd?

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

So top 3 wins a hydra26?

Cheers,

James

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

Ya that is what I think

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

I thought 2nd shd be ClementC followed by Macrovan 3rd?

Maybe it was updated when i posted this. The contest is still ongoing, ending 31 Aug. Good luck to all !

• SRC Member

Here is my short take ...

Been reading and reading and reading online for a good Lightset for almost 3 months ... Was initially totally sold on the MH + T5 combo, then I came across the led and the rest is history .... I love the fact that led don't need to change every 6-9 months, has slick design and has awesome software feature especially AI !

AI seems to have taken the software to a new level with the awesome Director ... So I wonder if the sponsors can throw in the DIRECTOR for the winner as well :P

That would surely be the icing on the cake !!

hydra hydra hydra hydra hydra hydra hydra hydra hydra hydra hydra hydra hydra hydra hydra hydra hydra hydra hydra hydra

• 2 weeks later...