Tofu's 4ft Reef tank

tofubox

Nice scape. I waiting here

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

Nice work. But bro try to get more steps like staircase kind, better for sps placement.

esp on top, those 1 flat piece Cant put many frags without touching each other

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

Nice overhang and scape!! Hopefully lfs stock up caribsea special grade reef sand too as im also waiting for it ):

Yah!!!! I NEED SAND! I cant wait for ur tank come, hopefully we can set up together, start 14 day cycle together.

Looking good tofu.....love the island and depth

Cheers,

James

Thanks alot james :yahoo:

Nice scape tofu,exciting journey coming.

Definitely exciting times

Nice scape. I waiting here

Thanks bro

Wow your new scape looks like it's made of aquaroche designer rocks!

Thanks bro, most of the rocks given to me by fellow reefers. Most of it had problems like algae and pest. So got it free, just had to do my own cleaning. Theres only two pieces of flat aquaroche rocks in the scape :thumbsup:

Nice work. But bro try to get more steps like staircase kind, better for sps placement.

esp on top, those 1 flat piece Cant put many frags without touching each other

Hi bro, agreed, i also feel that the top right piece is a bit bare. But good thing is i can add on a piece of rock anytime on top for more elevation, but will need some corals by the front to hide the hideous elevation. Else, sometimes when i get colonies, it may come with a rock, so that wide area is really a "free play" area. But thanks for pointing it out :thumbsup:

I Love Stagsss

The 4ft tank is being filled with rodi at the moment, so thought i share the progression of my 2ft tank over the past 6 mths.

I started out the 2ft tank with little to no experience keeping sps, U can notice particularly from the Birdnest and true fiber optic after 6 months. I experienced some major setbacks initially if u follow my 2ft tank thread, but in the process also learnt a lot of new things. I did lose 4 to 5 sps in this 6 months, but majority of it has survived and are thriving now.

Heres my tank parameters at the moment:

KH 7, Ca, 380, Sg 1.025, Temp 26-27, Ph 8.2

Dosing ESV 2 parts B-ionic on marine magic doser

Using Polyplab system reef resh, 0.5ml fuel a day, 3 drops each of genesis, plus and acids

Running Rowaphos and rowacarbon

No refugium, No ats, Main nutrient export is through water changes weekly, 10%

Lighting: 80% white, 100%blue, close to 8 hrs a day, with 2 tube t5 (1xblueplus, 1xartinic)

Do click on the image to enlarge it for easier comparison

post-18626-0-56878200-1407349692_thumb.j

Will be transferring the corals by end of the month, and the tank will be used for zoas and qt new corals.

I Love Stagsss

Some updates on the 4 footer!

Completed 1 week of freshwater cycle on the tank. Of cause, nothing will go according to plan in the hobby. Experienced 2 minor/major issues

1. Pipes were leaking! especially when i placed the eductor onto the returns. I managed to resolve most of the leaks, these were mainly due to loose bulkheads which needed some tightening. CRA was very responsive, called and told them i had 2 leaks, within 5 mins(no kidding), 2 guys were at my place fixing it already. Really impressed with their service! Definitely tank builders i would go to in future.

2. Return pump was noisy as hell. Initially my thoughts was a damaged impeller, might probably because of inserting it wrongly. I arranged with auntie at iwarna and got the contact to replace a brand new impeller......so.....day 2, i got the impeller, fixed it up....bam. The noise was still there. My contact than helped me replace a small internal part. During test, it was much quieter than before. I haven't tested it since i got back, but hopefully it will be better.

Finally completed the whole piping, adjusting of manifold, gate valves, tidying the wires, plumbing and hooking up the chiller. Heres what the final sump looks like now. Thats all the equipment I should be using for my setup.

Also collected my custom make top up reservoir. Might have to go back tomorrow to cut a hole by the side of the tank instead.

post-18626-0-89081300-1407945478_thumb.j

Also started mixing salt water, if all goes well, tomorrow I will be starting day 1 of the 14 day zeovit cycle.

post-18626-0-73772400-1407945526_thumb.j

As always, Thanks for viewing.

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Looking good....keep the update coming

Cheers,

James

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

Bro, r u gonna run cr for this new setup? What abt your ESV calcium buffer system?

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Hi bro, yup i'll be running CR this time. Will still be running ESV 2 part on the 2ft until everything is settled. From there, I'll be using the esv 2 part to twerk the parameters to my liking, and the CR will take over the job of maintaining the parameters. From time to time, will use the esv to buffer back if the cr is not keeping up, and than tune the cr again to hold.

Only reason why i'm switching to cr this time, is because of the volume of the tank. I'm afraid the 2 part won't be economical in the long run.

Don't get my wrong, I absolutely love ESV. The 2ft tank is pretty much on auto pilot with esv dosing, and its very much more straight forward compared to a CR. If i had a smaller sized tank, hands down, esv would be my choice for 2 part dosing. Same goes with polyplab reef resh actually :thumbsup:

I Love Stagsss

I see, was thinking of using cr too but no space currently. Still considering my options though.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

I see, was thinking of using cr too but no space currently. Still considering my options though.

haha, i'll be ur guinea pig bro, will update on the CR if possible when system is running.

I Love Stagsss

Good Start man. I do suggest u to make a new sump. bigger one. U will need it. :)

Haha, thanks bro. Any reason why u suggest i would need a bigger sump? Only running 2 equipment, skimmer n zeo reactor. No refugium, no ats, no dsb, no media reactor.

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Haha, thanks bro. Any reason why u suggest i would need a bigger sump? Only running 2 equipment, skimmer n zeo reactor. No refugium, no ats, no dsb, no media reactor.

just feel the space Wasnt fully used n sump is not ex But gives u more possibilities, like

- more Buffer if return pump failed

- space for cabon reactor, u need this for zeovit

- Qt area for fis or coral

- frag station

- refugium For pods

- or Joined system Like Mine as u may fall on love w Angelfish....

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

just feel the space Wasnt fully used n sump is not ex But gives u more possibilities, like

- more Buffer if return pump failed

- space for cabon reactor, u need this for zeovit

- Qt area for fis or coral

- frag station

- refugium For pods

- or Joined system Like Mine as u may fall on love w Angelfish....

Great feedback! Yeah, totally forgot about the carbon reactor. Thanks for reminding me.....currently the reactor is in the main display running rowaphos thats why, but only loaned it from a friend, will have to get my own. haha. There's ample room for the reactor in the sump still.

I have 2 return pumps in case one fails on the return section. But wont be plumbing it in until i go overseas, to prevent calcium build up.

Will be using my 2ft tank for qt.

At the moment, i got a small side refugium which im planning to just throw my remaining cured rocks in to grow pods or a section for frags. But still indecisive if i should put a frag rack there. I guess we'll see in the long run.

Pretty satisfied at the moment with the sump size, as there's ample room to place my cr and co2 tank within the cabinet with a top up reservoir by the front. Thanks for the suggestion kkk121, definitely worth considering but maybe at a later stage. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Btw, i love ur joined system. will consider setting one up as well, and use my secondary return to power it.

• Like 1

I Love Stagsss

Seen a couple of people running the zeo reactor and skimmer without any additional filtering. Seem like simple and straight forward setup. Keep us updated !! Looking to try the triton setup but the refugium is something to think about

185 Gallons - 5ft tank since nov 2013

When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain

Seen a couple of people running the zeo reactor and skimmer without any additional filtering. Seem like simple and straight forward setup. Keep us updated !! Looking to try the triton setup but the refugium is something to think about

185 Gallons - 5ft tank since nov 2013

Some added info from the zeovit website:

"Refugiums, phosban reactors, phosphate removers, denitrification reactors, algae/turf scrubbers, ozone and UV filters are not needed and should be removed before you start the zeovit setup."

Looking forward myself to see how the zeovit system performs! :yahoo:

My salt mix should be completed tomorrow, if all goes well, will be starting day 1 of the cycle.

I Love Stagsss

RIP my little friend. He decided to take a leap of faith in hopes of landing into the 4ft, sadly, he didn't make it. This was my favourite fish in the 2ft, always eager when it comes to feeding, active and really healthy fish. Pity he decided to jump out of the tank, would have been my most anticipated addition to the new 4ft. Sigh. :rip:

post-18626-0-98318900-1408218474_thumb.j

post-18626-0-02521600-1408218557_thumb.j

I Love Stagsss

Oh what is lost?

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Oh what is lost?
His Borbonius anthias rip.