Tofu's 4ft Reef tank

tofubox

Day 11 of the cycle! Decided to step back on adding a pair of clowns, and to put in a herbivorous fish instead! Got myself a cute 2.5inch starry blenny. Plenty of natural diet for this fella, so i can hold back on feeding for now. CUC doing a great job with the sand and rocks, no deaths, so that should be a good sign. BN, monti and octo doing well. But have a feeling i will be needing more light.

post-18626-0-41534000-1409058263_thumb.j

Some plans for the tank:

1. Replacing the return pump to a DC pump 10k or 12k

2. Adding on 2 additional diy t5 tubes to the lightset

3. Lower the height of the lightset so t5 get better penetration

4. Adding on a dosing pump for Zeostart3, potassium and magnesium

As always, thanks for viewing

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Day 11 of the cycle! Decided to step back on adding a pair of clowns, and to put in a herbivorous fish instead! Got myself a cute 2.5inch starry blenny. Plenty of natural diet for this fella, so i can hold back on feeding for now. CUC doing a great job with the sand and rocks, no deaths, so that should be a good sign. BN, monti and octo doing well. But have a feeling i will be needing more light.

20140826_184241.jpg

Some plans for the tank:

1. Replacing the return pump to a DC pump 10k or 12k

2. Adding on 2 additional diy t5 tubes to the lightset

3. Lower the height of the lightset so t5 get better penetration

4. Adding on a dosing pump for Zeostart3, potassium and magnesium

As always, thanks for viewing

omg so cute.

:D

steak pls

Updates!

Its the end of the 14day cycle. Diatoms have gone, small speck of hair algae, but shouldn't be a problem. Added most of my corals from the 2ft tank except for some frags.

Rocks and sand are back to clear white. Either zeovit is amazing, or my clean up crew is doing a hell of a job.

CUC: 6 Astrea turbo snails, 1 Turbo snail, 3 Abalone, 3 Strombus, 1 Starry Blenny

Also just added in my pair of black ice clowns (been in a separation box longer than i intended)

Switched on my calcium reactor, will be doing a time base calcium dose. So I set a standard effluent rate, and i adjust my co2 to get a ph of 6.5. Set on timer for 12hrs a day. Too high, will reduce the time, too low, increase the time. Works pretty well!

And decided to switch my skimmer to dry skim according to zeovit

post-18626-0-95348900-1409329867_thumb.j

First full tank shot with the corals! The right scape is not complete. Just placing corals on the table top while i decide where to put them.

post-18626-0-66940300-1409329828_thumb.j

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Weeseng, your tank is doing so well, think you no need zeovit yet

Cheers,

James

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

Nice!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Finally all done transferring the corals from the 2ft tank! Kinda surprised how many corals I had squeezed in there! Also got two new corals from am this morning. Here's a fts of how it looks like now. 9497abd2ca0a2fbfbe87345969daf7c0.jpg

I Love Stagsss

Nice FTS.

Main Tank: 93 Gallon Cube Tank
Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455, Skimz Mini SN143
Chiller: Arctica DBA-075
Lightings: AI Hydra 52 x 02
Wavemaker: Vortech mp-40 x 02, Tunze 6020
Dosing Pump: Jebao with Grotech ABC,123 & Mag
Return Pump: Deltec H20cean 5000
Reactor: Biopellets with FR & Deltec H20cean 2000

FR: Skimz BR80

Supplements: Seachem Reef Builder, Seachem Calcium, Seachem Magnesium, Seachem Kalkwassar, Seachem Iodine

Feel like getting a some schooling fishes after seeing yours. But I worry about nutrients. Haha... have to control myself...

Haha, yeah, was really inspired to get a school of blue eye cardinal after watching several videos of large sps tanks with them. Looks really great! Training them to feed on pellets now, will probably qt them for a whole month, that will also give time for the bacteria in the main tank to stabilize.

On a side note, decided to lower the height of the lightset. Will try cutting the stand an inch or two lower. Gives more penetration for the t5. Wanna blast those colours out. haha

I Love Stagsss

Updates updates!

All done with the upgrades! Pretty much all done, now just wait for stuff to grow and colour up!

1. Replacing the return pump to a DC pump 10k or 12k - No longer required, pump is now silent

2. Adding on 2 additional diy t5 tubes to the lightset - Diy 2 tubes of ati aquablue and purple with phillips ballast

post-18626-0-53618000-1410084877.jpg

3. Lower the height of the lightset so t5 get better penetration - Lights lowered with longer screws from the stand, credits to my dad who went to source around ubi for the screws

Current setup, 40 bulb rapidled (20 royal blue, 8white,2 red, 2 green, 8 violet), 6 tube ati t5, 2x coral plus, 2x blueplus, 1x aquablue special, 1x purple plus

post-18626-0-39828500-1410084911.jpg

4. Adding on a dosing pump for Zeostart3, potassium and magnesium - Moved my marine magic dosing pump over to the 4ft tank, Currently dosing FM easy k, and FM magnesium cholride

5. Also increased the size of my zeovit reactor to 4L!

FTS!

Still plenty of room, time to chiong more shipments!

post-18626-0-52375500-1410085059_thumb.j

I Love Stagsss

Bro been following your tread, very nice set up.

Do you intend to have a deeper sandbed?

Supplements: Seachem Reef Builder, Seachem Calcium, Seachem Magnesium, Seachem Kalkwassar, Seachem Iodine

Thanks alot guys for the support!

@RomeoJuliet, Yup, definitely adding more sand, currently waiting for stocks to come in for special grade sand. Will be adding another 1 1/2 bag, just enough to get 1 to 1.5 inch of sand.

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Bro, very fast your current scape will be full with sps. You might want to consider another small island at the left front corner :)

Cheers,

James

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

Very careful and well planned reef tank.Congrats!

Beside adding more corals, what is your list of must-add fishes? Interested to know..heehee

Haha, i really haven't thought about it. At the moment i have 2 true percs, 2 Black ice clowns, 1 starry blenny in the display. Got 15 blue eye cardinals under qt.

Might be adding : 2 tangs (maybe yellow + kole eye), 1 melanurus wrasse, 1 angel (no idea what angel to add, any suggestions?) But other than those, i guess thats all the fishes.

Bro, very fast your current scape will be full with sps. You might want to consider another small island at the left front corner :)

Cheers,

James

Good idea, there's currently an overhang there which i plant to put some tabling sps or montis. So it might shade off the area.

I Love Stagsss

prepare ur questions soon hor. Totq questions. ;)

Btw Update us ur progress of zeovit system, K.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Haha, thanks bro. Maybe 1 - 2 yrs later than can prepare the questions la. I don't consider tanks under 1yr old to be of good standards.

Yup, currently still on the basic 4 system. Zeovit, Zeostart, Zeobak, spongepower. No issues so far, no visible algae growth, but have to cut down a bit on the dosing as i notice my tank glass needs daily cleaning as a brown film will form (overdose symptoms)

Will be getting more this week: Coral vitalizer, zeofood, biomate, xtra, aahc

I Love Stagsss

Bro, I hope there will be an opportunity to view your tank personally in the upcoming months.

It is very well executed.