Tofu's 4ft Reef tank

tofubox

• SRC Member

Love this tank!! Bro the stags and the right side monti is damn nice

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

Really nice blue stag.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

if you dont mind Q-ing, the electronic fair at expo has some good deals on great point and shoot/ entry level DSLR.

Thanks bro, right now low on budget! May have to wait a little longer before i invest on a DSLR. The amount ive been spending on the tank is killing me. Haha.

Sweet staghorn!!!

Haha, of cos chosen by you ma! Definitely eye catching piece. Thanks man.

Love this tank!! Bro the stags and the right side monti is damn nice

Thanks ash!

How come I go AM on Sat morning didn't see any stag. Always lose to chiongster. Ha ha

Haha, no la, just heng i had nothing on that night, so was at AC, made the trip down to AM to take a look if theres anything new.

Really nice blue stag.

Thanks bro.

I Love Stagsss

I would like to share some of my own personal thoughts so far along my zeovit journey, and also hope those not using zeovit can have a better understanding.

The core of every system is very clear and straightforward. It does not take a magical system like zeovit to get beautiful sps tanks. The core of any beautiful tanks u see anywhere boils down to simply, water parameters and lighting. Thats about it.

Water Parameters:

In particular u are talking about KH, CA, MG, Po4 and No3. The rest i will explain further later. How you maintain the above it really up to u. Theres nothing special in zeovit to address KH,CA and MG. So here are the available methods: Manual /automated dosing with balling light, 2 part dosing, self mix powder, Kalkwasser dosing and calcium reactors. There isnt a perfect number to any of the above. But there is however, a balanced no. U can check out this no from reef calculators. http://reef.diesyst.com/chemcalc/chemcalc.html , just input any products to display the balance no. Keep these 3 big boys stable, a range of number is usually preferred as its hard to always acheive perfection since we do water change and stuff. A range of +-1.0 is good to start with, slowly narrow it down to +-0.5.

P04 and no3 is a little big harder to address: Zeovit basically controls this using their basic 4 system, zeovit/zeostart3/spongepower/zeobak.

So what if u dont use zeovit? Its still exactly the same principle. On top of your skimmer, be it probiotic dosing (polylab genesis/fuel, Prodibio biodigest/biotim, FM Ultralith/Ultrabak, Redsea care program), Refugium with macroalgae, Deep Sand bed, Biopellets, algae turf scrubbers, large amount of bio media (siporax, bacteria king, eheim substrate pro, Biohome) your goal is to break down that nitrate into harmless nitrogen gas. So u dont need zeovit to do this, its just another method along with all the above mentioned. There's pros and cons to each. And than theres p04 which u run reactors with (rowaphos, ultraphos, sorb4, goodbye po4, Redsea Algae management program). All the above also work towards the same goal of phos removing.

Given the choice honestly, sometimes i wished i had stick to the basic of having a good nutrient export system like a refugium system with macroalgae.

The last thing i have to mention is trace elements. There are important elements in the water that determines corals growth and colouration that sometimes goes overlooked. Mainly Potassium, iodine, strontium and a few others. Triton is also big on trace elements for having a successful reef. Now that u reached a low nutrient system, u need to be able to fuel the corals with the necessary elements. The importance of potassium is often overlooked. Regular change of water will help keep this in check if u use a good salt mix. But if u really want to bring out the colours or potentials in corals. u need to supplement further. So whats the best way i learnt, is to try out some colour products commercially available. Zeovit (Xtra, Bbalance, Kbalance, Xtraspecial) FM( Colour elements), Grotech (ABCM), Red sea coral coloration program. Start off with half the dosage and monitor the coloration. ( I.e U lack red in ur corals, u can increase ur dosage of FM Red/Purple complex, or increase dosage of bbalance) You don't need to measure the element in the water, this is already done by the company manufacturing these products, all u need to do is look and understand how your corals display. This makes it 10x easier to supplement trace elements

The main concept im trying to put across is that, u do not need zeovit to have a successful tank. Zeovit is amazing, but not everyone is made for it. It takes a lot of diligence and also an amount of experience to identify the dosage amounts. There are tons of successful methods used over the years that yield great results.

So now all u have to do, is mix and match ur preferred method for Big 3 dosing, Nitrate removal, Po4 Removal, trace elements addition and a step closer to a beautiful successful tank

• Like 1

I Love Stagsss

Nice tank tofu! Really great advices , thanks to you , I think I'm on the right track for my new tank ! :-)

Cheers!

Rodney

Tank dimension : 3ft x 2ft x 1.5ft
Lighting : Maxspect R240R 160k
Filtration : Sicce External Filter
Wave Maker : Jebao WP 25 x 2
Skimmer : Reef Octopus BH 1000 HOB

Currently new to reefing.. Will upgrade to a bigger tank and have a better system !

One quote i would like to share to all
~Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.

• SRC Member
Nice tank tofu! Really great advices , thanks to you , I think I'm on the right track for my new tank ! :-) Cheers! Rodney
where is your tank thread? Haha

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

Starting soon ash! Get everything I need first! Hahaha

• Like 1

Tank dimension : 3ft x 2ft x 1.5ft
Lighting : Maxspect R240R 160k
Filtration : Sicce External Filter
Wave Maker : Jebao WP 25 x 2
Skimmer : Reef Octopus BH 1000 HOB

Currently new to reefing.. Will upgrade to a bigger tank and have a better system !

One quote i would like to share to all
~Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.

Did my monthly full water test today...

If theres 7 things u wanna test for ur tank, this will be it mainly!

post-18626-0-77779600-1415782260_thumb.j

Salinity: 1.0255

KH: 7.8

CA: 410

MG: 1470

Potassium: 410

No3: <0.2 low range

Po4: Undetectable low range

All test with salifert!

Happy everything is where i want it to be :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I Love Stagsss

TS : what wave mode are you using at the moment ?

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

Only 90 days and so beautiful? Awesome tofubox

Thanks for the compliment :thumbsup:

TS : what wave mode are you using at the moment ?

Im using W1 on my rw15s, else mode on wp25

Finally now I realize why people told me your tank is so inspiration to others.

Haha, actually my inspiration came from here and other reefers around the world. U inspire me, i inspire u. More beautiful tanks around! :yahoo:

I Love Stagsss

Anyway, I should also give my tank inhabitants some recognition. haha

My only tang at the moment!

post-18626-0-82132500-1415893078_thumb.j

Black ice and gladiator!

post-18626-0-71415800-1415893096_thumb.j

My little Goby, with my only acan!

post-18626-0-52187600-1415893137_thumb.j

Some other close up shots of my sps during wc today as well

The colony next to the stag is really challenging, been trying to colour it up.

post-18626-0-38962400-1415893170_thumb.j

Rose mille I assume? No idea

post-18626-0-35965700-1415893199_thumb.j

RBM

post-18626-0-14258200-1415893218_thumb.j

Nuclear blue tenius and unknown aussie frag, both encrusted

post-18626-0-47473500-1415893238_thumb.j

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Fish Recocgnition So Little Ah? Haha nice nice bro..

• SRC Supporter