Tofu's 4ft Reef tank

tofubox

Many staghorn collection.

One day, I wanted to see your tank in person .

How many staghorn sp. do you have ?

I loved them too. :)

Haha, sure bro linko, welcome to drop by anytime. I currently have 17 staghorns, both frags n colonies in the main dt

Excellent tank! Very well executed

Thansk alot bro hansolo!

Wow a stag dominated tank!

Always a dream I had for my tank!

Bro Tofu, your tank is very inspirational. thank you for sharing your thoughts from zeovit right up to recommending which CUC to get which have surely helped newbies like myelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words Oska, Im glad it benefited you. Happy reefing! Its an addictive hobby. :thumbsup:

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Tank looking great bro! I see you got the anthais already..

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

Finally decide to do something about my cyano problem. Cyano seems like a common problem with probiotic methods of reef keeping. The imbalance of carbon dosing with bacteria imbalance is a common mistake, I guess it is also a sign of me overdosing on some of my blue bottles. I had this issue since 2 months back, but didn't really pay attention to it. Finally decide to try out a product recommended to me.

I used Chemi Clean, as recommended by a fellow reefer.

attachicon.gifChemiCleanRedSlimeRemover@IA.jpg

As much as I dont believe in miracles happening overnight. I couldn't say the same for the above product. I dosed 10 spoons worth for my 125 gallon........Next day....cyano was all gone! My sps were still fine, livestocks were as lively as before....problem solved......

That said, I did however faced a painful time as my skimmer was overflowing like mad. So heres the downside.....u need to sit by ur skimmer and replace the skimmer cup everytime its full, and top up with fresh salt mix. I did this for a good 1.5hrs. Painful as it is....I am pleased with the results.

Heres a shots of the tank after the treatment.

attachicon.gif20150520_213822.jpg

And heres some updated shots taken today. I've also added a couple more stags to the tank, hopefully my dream of a staghorn tank will slowly become a reality.

This fella is growing at an insane rate, colouration may not be at its best, but i love the shape of it.

attachicon.gif20150520_213841.jpg

WS Birdnest

attachicon.gif20150520_213855.jpg

Blue stag growing well

attachicon.gif20150520_213910.jpg

Recently purchased this stag from bro EVO, its not in its best shape, hope to bring it back its glory

attachicon.gif20150520_214045.jpg

WS Stag, I got this completely brown out, just to try my luck. I must say the colours are really starting to show.

attachicon.gif20150520_214120.jpg

FTS!

attachicon.gif20150520_214214.jpg

attachicon.gif20150520_214223.jpg

I am still actively looking for uncommon stags to be a great addition to the tank. If you have any, do pm me. Thanks!

Bro, where u get the chemi-clean rsr? Thinking of getting to kill off my red slime.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Bro, where u get the chemi-clean rsr? Thinking of getting to kill off my red slime.

Hi bro, i got it from a fellow reefer. But i believe you can get it from Madpetz, they carry this. It really does work wonders, quite amazed by the 48hr results.

I Love Stagsss

Hi bro, i got it from a fellow reefer. But i believe you can get it from Madpetz, they carry this. It really does work wonders, quite amazed by the 48hr results.

Ya, I went but they r sold out and dunno when will hv stock again. :(

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Greetings once again!

Back to share another new product which I've started using...for....ONLY ONE DAY.

This is probably not new to many who are familiar with the zeovit range of products. Having been using zeovit since I started this tank, I've always been skeptical about this one product.

If u haven't already guessed it..... Heres an image

Zeovit Zeospur 2

post-18626-0-97198000-1432573650.jpg

What in the world is this?

ZEOspur 2 is designed to reduce the amount of Zooxanthellae in Acropora, Anacropora and Montipora coral tissue to bring out brilliant coloration. The reduction of Zooxanthellae in the outer layers brings out the colors from deeper within the coral.

Astonishing brightening of colors can result from careful use of ZEOspur2 in fully mature, established hard coral colonies. Some corals may respond positively with accelerated growth due to the decreased energy needs of maintaining Zooxanthellae.

Well, honestly it does seem a little bit of a miracle / cheat addictive if you ask me...24hr results, complete effect in 48hrs.

Recommanded dosage:

• Dosage: 1 ml / 25 US-Gallons , every 7-10 days “NET WATER VOLUME”

What i used: 3ml for 125 Us-gallon.

Heres some photos of after 24hrs of dosage:

Click on the first two images to really see the difference.

post-18626-0-43977200-1432574643_thumb.p

post-18626-0-85017500-1432574646_thumb.j

post-18626-0-31682900-1432573848_thumb.j

post-18626-0-35764700-1432573849_thumb.j

post-18626-0-81177300-1432573850_thumb.j

post-18626-0-88131600-1432573851_thumb.j

post-18626-0-43942400-1432573853_thumb.j

post-18626-0-94652200-1432573854_thumb.j

post-18626-0-91153300-1432573855_thumb.j

post-18626-0-08922900-1432573857_thumb.j

post-18626-0-57515500-1432573858_thumb.j

Ok...so...it works...just like a miracle. Corals are alot brighter than i expected. So.................as always....... some smart alec will come along and say....aiya, he cheat la...

But really, isn't it for the better? You end up with a colourful and eye catching tank... And there are tons of risk along with the usage...........

Heres the part which I need to warn everyone:

• Do not exceed recommended amount, OVER-DOSAGE WILL INDUCE BLEACHING
  • Do not use on newly acclimated corals
  • Do not use in new systems
  • Only use for healthy corals

Heres some horror stories i found online:

"I have some and used it a few times. I personally dont like it as it is very easy to OD and the effects can be detrimental to your tank. While dosing half the dosage I had RTN on one or two corals and lost them, now whether its due to the Zeopspur or not I stopped. I run a Prodibio LNS with mainly SPS. "

" It takes a real clean tank for it to work well."

"It does contain copper. Theres a thread about it on the Zeovit forum. "

"I used it and will never us it again . I dose below what the bottle says and it bleach out all my coral well never use it again. "

As much as there are bad reviews, I decided to go ahead and test the product myself.....I must say, personally I really like the colour of the corals after dosage and will continue dosing every 10-11 days, 3ml.

Try it at your own risk. Like i always mention, every tank is an individual ecosystem on its own. It might not work out for some people.

If you decide to try, let me know your results!

I Love Stagsss

Very nice and healthy tank. The color is insane

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

Wah bro, looking even more impressive man! Must find another excuse to go your place again Liao

Tank Size: 3.5 ft x 2 ft x 2 ft
Sump: 3ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft”
Return Pump: Eheim 1264
Chiller Pump: H2Ocean Flow Pump 3000
Skimmer: Vertex Alpha 200
Wavemakers: 2 X Maxspect Gyre 130; 1 x Ecotech VorTech MP10WES, 1 x Ecotech VorTech MP40WES, 1x Jebao RW15
Filtration: Schuran Multifilter 100 (Rowa Phos), Two Little Fishies Phosban 150 Fluidised Reactor (Vertex Rox 0.8 Carbon), Enductor Fluidized Reactor- FR45 (NP Biopellets & All In One Biopellets) with Eden 140 Pump, Santa Monica Hogx1 Algae Turf Scrubber, Cheato
Calcium Reactor: Skimz CM152 with needle valve and Maxijet 600 feed Pump (CaribSea ARM Extra Coarse ,KZ Coral Gravel, Two Little Fishies Reborn, Grotech Magnesium Pro)
Dosing: Bubble Magnus Dosing Pump BM-T01 + 2 x 4 Head Expansion Accessory BM-T02
Bio Media: Marine Pure, Bacteria King, Eheim Substrat Pro, Eheim Substrat, Seachem DeNitrate, PowerHouse Hard, Polyplab Biosphere, Seachem Purigen

Chiller: JBJ Arctica Titanium Aquarium Chiller (1/3 Hp - DBE-150)
Lighting: ATI Powermodule 6 x 39 Watt T5. Solite 4 x 39 Watt T5 (Only 2 used) (Blue+ Blue+ Coral+ Purple+ Coral+ AB Special) (Blue+ Purple+)
Auto Top Up system: Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off
Monitoring: 2 x Milwaukee MC 122 PH Controller (Calcium Reactor & PH Monitoring)

Substrate: CaribSea Aragamax Select

My eyes!!! What an awe inspiring tank. Love the colours!!! Love the very clean tank and sanbed look. It will be my dream if you have a few pieces of scrolling plating monti cap too. Haha. Yellow turbinaras also can.

"Save a reef, grow your own"

• SRC Member

Wow.. wha a nice tank...

Can save the picture of the tank as computer wallpaper already.. It's a dream tank for sure..

Display Tank: 3x2x2 feet (12mm Crystal Glass)

Sump Tank: 2.5 feet with 4 compartments

"Reef Maniac - Ninja: Fish and Coral don't wait for you!"

Impressive setup

Thanks alot bro :thumbsup:

Very poisonous and inspiring tank. :)

Haha, poison more people to come darkside !

Wah bro, looking even more impressive man! Must find another excuse to go your place again Liao

Haha, sure sure, can drop by anytime bro

Tofu. Congratulations on the break taking tank. I used zeospur2 before. A few healthy colony rtn overnight. Since then I don't dose directly in display tank but dose in sump instead.

Yeah, zeospur is really strong stuff. Have to warn everyone before trying. If you ever decide to try, make sure u under dose if using first time.

My eyes!!! What an awe inspiring tank. Love the colours!!! Love the very clean tank and sanbed look. It will be my dream if you have a few pieces of scrolling plating monti cap too. Haha. Yellow turbinaras also can.

Thanks Bro Mellow! Haha, yeah, initial plan was to make stags at the top, montis at the base. But wasn't easy to get the scape worked out for that.

Wow.. wha a nice tank...

Can save the picture of the tank as computer wallpaper already.. It's a dream tank for sure..

Thanks alot bro! Its currently my computer wallpaper. I see my tank everywhere i go. haha.

Thanks again all bros for the motivation.

Gonna just leave the tank for now to let it grow out. Not going to have much changes, I'll post a shot when things start growing more. :groupwavereversed:

I Love Stagsss