IOS tank or not

• SRC Member

Hi guys, as due to space restrain, i was planning 2ft ios tank..i would like to ask whether ios tank or normal tank wif hang on filter better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imho, ideally if space constraint, setup shd b gg for sump (unless nano tank etc that can b placed on any cabinet)..reason being the DT can max out its size & the sump being below the DT will house all the necessary equipments..with sump being increasing the water volume, the water will b more stable..;)

Cheers & happy reefing

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

Imho, ideally if space constraint, setup shd b gg for sump (unless nano tank etc that can b placed on any cabinet)..reason being the DT can max out its size & the sump being below the DT will house all the necessary equipments..with sump being increasing the water volume, the water will b more stable.. ;)

Cheers & happy reefing

Thanks Ken Yee for your reply. But because there is not enough space for sump, which is why i thinking ios tank or normal filter with HOF. Any idea how much does 2ft ios tank cost? thanks alot bro

• SRC Member

Thanks Ken Yee for your reply. But because there is not enough space for sump, which is why i thinking ios tank or normal filter with HOF. Any idea how much does 2ft ios tank cost? thanks alot bro

no worry bro..so u will only b getting a tank only right?..for filtration system, I would prefer a IOS over HOF..for $ wise, I not very sure..maybe u can look at the pasar malam section to find a good deal..:)

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

Check out Marine Life at Clementi. The uncle there can custom a tank for you. iOS is (or should be) better than a HOB filter but not as good as a regular sump. Budget wise depends, but for 2 ft... I would pick IOS with a skimmer for my filtration system.

• SRC Member

Does IOS include systems with the sump at the back of the tank? I having this for my 27" (30g) SPS reef.

IOS - Internal Overflow Sump. (Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember reading this somewhere)

If I were to hazard a guess based on your description, I'm inclined to believe that your tank has an IOS

I saw side ios tank going for 60-100. The higher price includes filter. I'm using IOS with hang on back skimmer and two little fish reactor. 2 pumps in my ios, 1 for reactor(NP pellets) 1 for chiller. if able to adjust, 1 pump to reactor then down to chiller will be easier. media I use de*nitrator, sponges, phoszorb or something like that. Few live rocks. Doing well w the current set up. The only con is limited space in main display. Hope that gives u some guide ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all ur advices, there is changes to my plan which is good, i manage to free up space, i am thinking 4ft by 1.5ft by 1.5ft tank or the standard 422. Is 4ft by 1.5ft by 1.5ft more expensive to build since its not the standard size?

Thanks for all ur advices, there is changes to my plan which is good, i manage to free up space, i am thinking 4ft by 1.5ft by 1.5ft tank or the standard 422. Is 4ft by 1.5ft by 1.5ft more expensive to build since its not the standard size?

The smaller the tank, the cheaper it is. The price is mainly base off the amount of material used. Not base on standard size. If u include additional features like external overflow, than the price may differ.

I Love Stagsss

It depends on where u going to make your tank. But I'm sure its just a little more. I would go for a 4ft if I'm you:). More volume = more stable

Bro u have any reliable and afforable tank maker to recommend, can pm me?