Fishcakes 40 cm x 25cm

fishcake

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pair of springeri damsels!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Supporter

This hobby is full of disappointments.

Found a black worm stuck to the face of the tailspot last night. 1 goby missing, gramma full of itch and the blue eye cardinals twitching uncontrollably. .

Dont give up bro! This hobby is indeed full of disappointments BUT its full of joy at the same time too!

I believe every successful reefer has his fair share of disappointments..

Just keep reefing~! ;)

Just have to keep reefing... cant stop now~!

• SRC Supporter

Thank you dinGdinG:) it is full of joy I guess that why we are all so hooked still. even when it crashes.

It's sis btw:)

Oops, sorry sis fishcake... I have to stop calling everyone bro.. LOL :D

Just have to keep reefing... cant stop now~!

• SRC Member

I know:( Is it sand space do you think? Meaning it needs a wider circumference around it? I was thinking it's lighting. I need a new light. Was considering the Max glaive. But I think the tank conditions in general are not ideal. The bubble stone skimmer doesn't really skim anything. And being a small tank the parameters fluctuate quite a bit too. But the other corals are fine.*I think ( monti Cap, forest fire digi..) Also need a small chiller if anybody selling one.

CherryAqua iNano is a good light. I use for my 35x35x35. 30 adjustable levels of white and blue light. Also has sunrise and sunset effect to turn on and off the light over time. Chiller is not necessary for such a small tank. I can keep my tank temperature at arnd 25-26 with just a fan.

Hi sis, fish health is a indication of something wrong with the tank. Usually fish are more forgiving to the water parameters. Suggest u do a few test on the water. Especially the main components like ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate. Let us know what's ur test result. And maybe we can help u better

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

CherryAqua iNano is a good light. I use for my 35x35x35. 30 adjustable levels of white and blue light. Also has sunrise and sunset effect to turn on and off the light over time. Chiller is not necessary for such a small tank. I can keep my tank temperature at arnd 25-26 with just a fan.

Thanks for the suggestion L33K. sounds like a promising light and i shall look into it.

Nice cute lil tank sis, not to worry sure got alot of ups and downs but once u get a hang of it you'll be fine :)

Hahah yes it is little and I am quickly outgrowing the tank and wanting an upgrade!

Hi sis, fish health is a indication of something wrong with the tank. Usually fish are more forgiving to the water parameters. Suggest u do a few test on the water. Especially the main components like ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate. Let us know what's ur test result. And maybe we can help u better

Hey Tofu box, Thank you for the advice.

I think i had some heavy metals t as i had changed freshwater source. However i could not test for them. Water changes has helped rectify that problem, alsoI had tested my parameters to not much conclusion. only magnesium was a tad too low.

think its pests............ :unsure: