Back after 3 months.

Planted

• SRC Member

Yeah Bro Andtsg. Saw mine at lfs it opened quite good. So doubt mine is short tentacles. Looks like a fat stalk sunflower ^^ cute too. Heheh. I saw google pics there are some very long tentacles some quite short. Not sure about sun as they are my first attempt after losing a pink gonio and a brain -.-" somehow they just don't like my water when all parameters are fine.

Bro Bunster, I fed them with arctic pods, frozen brine shrimps and frozen mysis shrimps, all de froze using tank water as I don't want them to have shock or take in FW soaked food.

For gonio next time you can try set your wakemaker to min speed for half a day, then see whether it extend or not... my gonio somehow prefer low flow, but some times i tekan it with max random flow... just to exercise him a bit..

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

For gonio next time you can try set your wakemaker to min speed for half a day, then see whether it extend or not... my gonio somehow prefer low flow, but some times i tekan it with max random flow... just to exercise him a bit..

Hey bro, thanks for the advice! I'm using rw4 at lowest speed. Any higher my Euphyllia will face a risk of tear. Dunno why my rw4 so strong. :(

I placed it at super low flow, place it at medium flow, place it at high flow. Feed also cannot. All cannot work. -.-" eventually disintegrate and die off. I remb my green gonio in the past survived pretty bad water quality and survived for months until I kena parameter spike. Somehow, pink seems more challenging than green.

I think I stay with alveopora better. Heheh.

10683660_10152336687330849_3113466228796
So cute & funny, lol!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally, I believe things has stabilized. Went through many unfortunate events,

1) brown jelly from one shipment,

2) biopellets clumping leading to hydrogen sulfide,

3) inaccurate hydrometer leading to super high salinity (didn't notice until measurement of mg and cal went very high)

4) air pump issue leading to death of 6 sexy shrimps

5) sold some critters to save them first

6) lost 2 firefish and 1 six liner wrasse during full moon, all 3 decided to jump. (Different tank)(read and hear from ppl that fishes tend to jump/swim upwards during full moon due to gravitation issue, happens with koi, not sure if apply to tank)

7) lost a normal clown fish also

After a few weeks, lost about 7 corals, so many mishap, rescaped to have a better view, better flow, and looks bigger! :)

Grieving over, moving on to slowly build on the tank again. Added some new fishes. :)

Here is the new scape

post-20209-0-50709200-1414417048_thumb.j

Hey bro! Nice pair of true perc you have, hope mine gets as fat as yours soon haha! Keep reefing~!
That's the true spirit of a reefer... Never give up... You have no idea how much livestock and corals I've lost over the years... Angel Keeperhttp://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/128217-Angel-Keeper's-5-Feet-Mixed-Reef-Tank'>
Good to see your back bro! Don't give up! New scape looks good
Thank you Bros (pardon me if there is any sis), it's these kind of encouragement that lift the reefing passion up. Hee. Many thanks! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...