why blue tang always swim to the top ?

Kopi

• SRC Member
Hi like to check with u guy whether your blue tang always swim to the top when u first put into the tank. :rolleyes:

:thanks:

most likely will stay at a certain place when u 1st place it in the tabk... will roam around once it get used to the enviroment

just bought my regal blue last weekend.. also sticking at one corner.. now braver... dare to come out now but still will dart to its hideout.. give it more time...

• SRC Member
but when i feed my blue tang wif seasweed and brine shrimp, he dun eat at all oni keep on swim to the top .

thought of buying yellow tang but scared tt same as blue tang always swim to the top :peace:

normally the fish i bought dun really eat on the 1st or 2nd day.. i'll be worried if they dun eat on the 3rd... touch wood sa far never exceed 3 days... my regal blue ate on the 2nd day with home prepared seafood mix n nori... try putting the nori or food near its hideout... might helps... i did it this way

Hi Kopi,

What do have in your tank? PH? What's the size?

I had zero success rate with small ones, like 1 inch.

I bought a medim size blue tang and it's with me for almost a year.

If i'm not wrong, your water condition must be really good, or it'd start to scratch against the live rocks.

Hmmm, for your case, doesn't look good....mine eats all the normal stuff like flakes, pellets (from Tetra Marine), seaweed (attached to clip), mysis and brine shrimp...

Where u got the blue tang? Next time, try to ask the shop to feed a little before you buy...

By the way, don't mix powder brown tang with blue tang....the blue tang will probably kill the powder brown tang.....that's my experience lah....maybe others are luckier... :off:

• SRC Member
wat to do. dun wan to see my blue tang die n now he still stay the bottom dun eat how? o mayb blue tang still not stable and familier 2 the envoirment.got to moniter few day then c how lor :(

any updates on ur regal blue?

mine started eating my home prepared seafood meal liao.. :)

• SRC Member

any updates on ur regal blue?

mine started eating my home prepared seafood meal liao.. :)

mine is those baby type...i notice its tummy big n round now ..:)

take some pic of my regal yesterday...

1/2

saw lck110 have blue tank on quarantine.. assorted size from xtra small to xtra big

pic looks confusing? it is taken near the waterline(top).. the top is the reflection..

i tied the nori on a small LR attached to a red string..hehhe used to use clips..

post-8-1078064598.jpg

• Sponsor

based on my experience, you need to create a cave or hole for your regal tang to hide when you first introduce it.... also need to properly acclimatise your tang which could take more than an hour.... do it slowly.... take note that your tang must not be smaller than the other occupants in your tank.... of course, choosing a healthy specimen initially is very important... when i first introduced my tang, it also swam on the top and then it quickly found a cave to hide (to protect itself from the other tangs and to adjust to the environment within the protection form the cave).... the next day, it will come out to feed and you can feed it with flakes soaked with garlic juice.... it worked for me though....

my advice is that at any LFS, observe the fish for a while before deciding whether it is healthy to buy...

post-8-1078109498.jpg

• SRC Member
Hi all bro ,sad to said my blue tang died yesterday nite :( .

but i'll nv give up ,will buy yellow tang and any gd LFS to intro. :thanks:

U nvr give up attitude is good but not so nice to apply them to LS. Mayb u would like to review on ur tank condition like water parameters, size of tank.......before rushing to get another tang and have it "c god" nt too long after u bought it.

If ur tank is stablized and water condition are ideal, get the lfs to do a test feeding for the tang u r interested before buying. ;)

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.