Little white bugs

These were taken 1-2 weeks back. Some of the bugs are a little bigger now but there are small ones as well. Perhaps they are multiplying? I dont know...

post-23775-0-16502300-1408970874_thumb.j

post-23775-0-59112700-1408970879_thumb.j

post-23775-0-68540900-1408970884_thumb.j

• SRC Member

That is what I feel too.

BUT ... that seems a lot to me.. rather, BIG to me.

Usually I can only see mine when lights off and I flash light into the tank to catch a glimpse.

TS ... good for you if your tank have copepods in abundance.

Is that in your Sump Tank ?

What fishes do you have in your DT ?

That is what I feel too.

BUT ... that seems a lot to me.. rather, BIG to me.

Usually I can only see mine when lights off and I flash light into the tank to catch a glimpse.

TS ... good for you if your tank have copepods in abundance.

Is that in your Sump Tank ?

What fishes do you have in your DT ?

Yes there are a lot! They are rather small. I think because I zoomed in they look big. I really don't know if they are really copepods due to the number of them. And what puzzled me is that I had a problem with nitrates for a while yet, they kept multiplying. I tried feeding them marine algae/seaweed that I usually feed my tang and they seem to love it.

Thats not my stump tank. It's actually quite a big container with holes where I isolate my reef lobster. I bought him on a whim and he really does look very cool but he doesn't come out from below the rocks so I decided to catch him out. MY DT has two maroon clowns, a fairy wrasse and a blue tang.

they are probably feeding on the algae on the wall. shouldn't be a problem having them in high nutrients/nitrates tank. your corals might suffer though.
If I lower the nitrate level through a water change, will the copepods die out because the algae will decrease? Because I have corals in my tank and the current nitrate level is 40-80 :(

you can feed them the marine algae if the brown diatom ever runs out. but i would take care of water quality first to keep the corals happy. at that kind of levels I might start worrying for the fish too actually. the copepods are thriving in there because you have essentially created a refugium. i wouldn't worry about their survival. they seem to thrive wherever they are isolated from predators (fish).

• SRC Member

Its an indicator your tank us stable :)

Cheers,

James

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium