dinGdinG's nano xperience~!

dinGdinG

• SRC Supporter

Yo Bunster bro, I am not sure if the lights are dimmable but i tried and tested a few intensity it had and the mushrooms seem to open better with this intensity..

post-23835-0-70882600-1412989251_thumb.j

This a shot of my mushrooms 2 days ago, but it was much better this morning, didnt get a shot of it though..

post-23835-0-09524500-1412989308_thumb.j

Praying it will get better after i coral dip it and wc 10%...

Just have to keep reefing... cant stop now~!

• SRC Supporter

The new lights look nice. Why don't u try placing the mushrooms under the arch, in the shade and observe a couple of days. They are usually quite tough, should survive

Hey bunster bro... my mushrooms came back stronger than ever~!! looks even stronger than when i first got it~!!

post-23835-0-79180700-1413081895_thumb.j

I did a 10% water change yesterday, dipped my mushrooms in coral rx pro for about 10 mins and gently 'turkey blasted" it a few times.. guess what? a mini crab and alot of brown stuff dropped out of my mushrooms.. Now its so happy and wide open till i cannot see the rock they are attached to.. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Time to shop for more~! Woohoo!

• SRC Supporter

Hey everyone~! today's shopping ended with 2 Zoas frags (From Bro Cedricang~! Nice fish room~! I was amazed from the beginning till the end~!! An eye opener~!!) and a green jewel from a pasir ris lfs..

Green jewel from lfs (PS: Please please dip all corals from lfs.. they may look fantastic in their shop but you never know whats inside, a coral rx dip before entering my dt and out came AT LEAST 10 worm looking creatures, and one of it is big and FAT~!... tsk tsk tsk... lucky lucky me... I rather go through the trouble now then having the trouble of catching them in my dt in the future..)

post-23835-0-92079900-1413114751_thumb.j

Zoas Frags, Robin Hood & Armour Of Good~! (Coral dipped it too, nothing came out.. must be due to the good care of bro Cedricang :thumbsup: )

post-23835-0-09461900-1413115075_thumb.j

post-23835-0-44028700-1413115093_thumb.j

Happy Family of 3 (For now, hahaha)

post-23835-0-25871300-1413115131_thumb.j

Happy Sunday~!!!!

Cheers~!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

• SRC Supporter

Good job on the dipping bro. U will save urself alot of headache down the road. I know many reefers who dont dip and suffer major issues later.

Thanks bro tofubox~! Thats so true, I have read so many post from the seniors here with that problem.. thats why I am determined to dip all my corals, and its quite fun doing it actually!! Hahaha! Plus i really see a big difference with my mushrooms after the dip..

So i see you are decomm-ing your 2ft? Lol

Thanks bro tofubox~! Thats so true, I have read so many post from the seniors here with that problem.. thats why I am determined to dip all my corals, and its quite fun doing it actually!! Hahaha! Plus i really see a big difference with my mushrooms after the dip..

So i see you are decomm-ing your 2ft? Lol

Haha yup, eating too much into my power. Had a whole separate system just to keep 4 lps. Was done with qt-ing fishes and corals, so had to let it go.

Keep up the good work, ur tank is coming along very nicely =) look forward to more updates.

• Like 1

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Supporter

Nice corals you have for the start ... and good husbandry habits of dipping.

Bro couldnt see ur corals clearly .. maybe u reduce the blue lights? everything seems too blue .. haha

Hey bro, I tried using other lights but it looks worse!! LOL.. using my lousy handphone camera lah, no choice.. Have to ask bro bunster to teach me some photography techniques!! Bro bunster's photos always make me drool, good inspiration~!!

• SRC Supporter

Haha his photography standard is magazine and exhibitions type quality le .. and I believe his camera cost more than his tank setup ..

hmmmm... i do believe so.. lol

nice zoas from Cedric... quality stuff...

Is the green jewel a goniopora?

Yeap, nice zoas from cedric.. have you visited him before?? amazing fish room.........

The green jewel looks like a goniopora after some search on the internet, but im not so sure... Have you kept one before? Any special care needed? it seems happy enough with the lighting and flow, was wondering if i need to give somemore calcium because its a stoney coral.. btw, i realised its definitely an impulse buy after doing some research on it...

Btw, give me some photographing tips leh hahaha

• SRC Member

Haha his photography standard is magazine and exhibitions type quality le .. and I believe his camera cost more than his tank setup ..

Thanks for your kind comments bro... blush... i think my tank is catching up in terms of cost... lol

hmmmm... i do believe so.. lol

Yeap, nice zoas from cedric.. have you visited him before?? amazing fish room.........

The green jewel looks like a goniopora after some search on the internet, but im not so sure... Have you kept one before? Any special care needed? it seems happy enough with the lighting and flow, was wondering if i need to give somemore calcium because its a stoney coral.. btw, i realised its definitely an impulse buy after doing some research on it...

Btw, give me some photographing tips leh hahaha

yes I've bought from Cedric before... quality sps... his fish room is wow...

I've tried a goniopora before... died despite everything I tried. Will probably not buy another one. If its happy where it is now, then leave it be. You might want to consider target feeding it. Don't dose calcium unless you know your levels. Get a salifert calcium test kit.. and kh too.

If you're shooting with a hp, turn off the blue lights if u can... might appear very yellow but will look ok on yr phone.

4032134229021418s_zpsx5nrshsi.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Supporter

New fish~~! Purple firefish from ML~!! I love the blur look it has.. :thumbsup:

post-23835-0-19286000-1413989205_thumb.j

Btw, i have been very bothered by tons of tiny white bugs crawling out at night to feed on the algae growing in my tank.. I ran a search online and understand that they are the so-called pods but I am not so sure though.. Any bros can help to verify?? Boxed them up in red for easy referencing...

post-23835-0-71931000-1413989458_thumb.j

At least hundreds of them... Should i get rid of them?

post-23835-0-13591300-1413989338_thumb.j

• SRC Supporter

I think is pods .. is a good thing .. just keep it once u have enough population u can keep dragonets and mandrians ..

hmmm... looks kinda creepy though lol, but well if its gonna provide me a chance to keep dragonets than it must be a good thing~! haha

• SRC Supporter

Thanks angel keeper! But just curious, how will one know if they already have a sustainable population of pods to start keeping dragonets?

The pods are so tiny that i assume you will actually need thousands of them to keep just 1 dragonet..