dinGdinG's nano xperience~!

dinGdinG

• SRC Supporter

Thats a beautiful acan bro! Alveopora and blasto looking good too

Thanks bro! Bro kkk121 still has about 15 heads of the acan, if you are interested though lol, i like the way its colours are blended together and not defined clearly..

Ahhh, so its an alveopora huh.. ok noted.. very glad that its recovering well too..

Just have to keep reefing... cant stop now~!

Looks more like goniopora.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Gonios supposedly hv 24 tenacles on each polyps compared to alveopora's 12.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

• SRC Supporter

Ha... I'm not sure which **pora it is. Not an expert. But it sure looks healthy. I'll wait for yr acan to multiply and yr frag sales! Lol..

Then you probably got to wait for a long time bro.. Or are you waiting because you are planning for a new tank soon? LOL

Gonios supposedly hv 24 tenacles on each polyps compared to alveopora's 12.

Awesome~! Now i know its a gonio, but they are truly a very sensitive species.. I believe they closed up due to the high temperature and lack of nutrients in my tank, opened up slowly after i added the chiller and opened up even more after i dose the polyp lab one..

Thinking of trying out the polyp lab booster after I stock up more corals..

Quite pleased with the polyp lab products till now (I am using the their bio-spheres, reef roids and one), only thing is we have to work out the dosage ourselves carefully because their dosage is always for large aquarium size and not for nano tanks..

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Supporter

Hellooo dear reefers~! Been a while since i update my tank thread, been too occupied with enjoying my tank!! Spent the whole weekend for reefing and fixed up some new toys, just gonna share and post this DIY t5 set in addition to my Maxspect 120w for any bros wanting to DIY your own t5 set~!

The basic parts needed, end caps, wiring, reflectors, ballast, etc etc easily available at a few lfs..

post-23835-0-24828800-1425231431_thumb.j

Here are some pictures on the completed DIY t5 set plugged in with a switch timer

post-23835-0-35579700-1425231593_thumb.j

post-23835-0-36802300-1425231617_thumb.j

post-23835-0-60610300-1425231633_thumb.j

post-23835-0-74104300-1425231664_thumb.j

post-23835-0-35547700-1425231686_thumb.j

Its pretty straight forward after you get the wiring sorted out. Once fired up, all my corals showed their true colour... (meaning not as great as i thought, LED can be rather misleading, at least for me..) So hopefully my t5 can bring out more colours

I am currently into reefing for about 6 months now, despite all the blah blah blah issues encountered, it has been great and nothing beats seeing growth and colours~!!

Best sps growth in my tank has to be my favourite sunset mille

1st day..

post-23835-0-09967700-1425232160_thumb.j

7 weeks later, fully encrusted on rock but PE shrank quite abit despite encrusting

post-23835-0-11621500-1425232223_thumb.j

Some of my favourite sps frags..

This was brownish when i got it and slowly turning yellow with reddish polyps, no idea on its ID though..

post-23835-0-15235900-1425232478_thumb.j

Tenuis, no idea on exact ID but showing signs of nice colour..

post-23835-0-74565200-1425232559_thumb.j

LPS showing great growth too!

My off colour rainbow acan with at least 8 baby heads haha

post-23835-0-39185200-1425232710_thumb.j

My fav lps, Blastomussa~!! with also many many baby heads around it popping out

post-23835-0-42184900-1425232791_thumb.j

My most treasured chalice, UFO chalice from uncle mike

1st day

post-23835-0-91250900-1425232866_thumb.j

Now

post-23835-0-73536100-1425232901.jpg

And finally my messy FTS, nowhere near completed....

post-23835-0-56580900-1425232986_thumb.j

Overall, it has been a great 6 months reefing and meeting lots of new friends and bros along the way :thumbsup:

Just keep reefing bros~! :cheers:

Hellooo dear reefers~! Been a while since i update my tank thread, been too occupied with enjoying my tank!! Spent the whole weekend for reefing and fixed up some new toys, just gonna share and post this DIY t5 set in addition to my Maxspect 120w for any bros wanting to DIY your own t5 set~!

The basic parts needed, end caps, wiring, reflectors, ballast, etc etc easily available at a few lfs..

attachicon.gifEquipment Set.jpg

Here are some pictures on the completed DIY t5 set plugged in with a switch timer

attachicon.gifSide View.jpg

attachicon.gifSide View2.jpg

attachicon.gifTop view.jpg

attachicon.gifBallast.jpg

attachicon.gifTimer.jpg

Its pretty straight forward after you get the wiring sorted out. Once fired up, all my corals showed their true colour... (meaning not as great as i thought, LED can be rather misleading, at least for me..) So hopefully my t5 can bring out more colours

I am currently into reefing for about 6 months now, despite all the blah blah blah issues encountered, it has been great and nothing beats seeing growth and colours~!!

Best sps growth in my tank has to be my favourite sunset mille

1st day..

attachicon.gifSunset Mille 1st Day.jpg

7 weeks later, fully encrusted on rock but PE shrank quite abit despite encrusting

attachicon.gifSunset Mille 01032015.jpg

Some of my favourite sps frags..

This was brownish when i got it and slowly turning yellow with reddish polyps, no idea on its ID though..

attachicon.gifYellow body Red Polyps Acro 01032015.jpg

Tenuis, no idea on exact ID but showing signs of nice colour..

attachicon.gifBlue Tenuis 01032015.jpg

LPS showing great growth too!

My off colour rainbow acan with at least 8 baby heads haha

attachicon.gifRainbow Acan 01032015.jpg

My fav lps, Blastomussa~!! with also many many baby heads around it popping out

attachicon.gifBlastomussa 01032015.jpg

My most treasured chalice, UFO chalice from uncle mike

1st day

attachicon.gifUFO Chalice 1st Day.jpg

Now

attachicon.gifUFO Chalice 01032015.jpg

And finally my messy FTS, nowhere near completed....

attachicon.gifFTS 01032015.jpg

Overall, it has been a great 6 months reefing and meeting lots of new friends and bros along the way :thumbsup:

Just keep reefing bros~! :cheers:

wow everything is growing well. led + t5 power

• SRC Supporter

Nice & neat DIY.

You can get heat shrink tubes from Sim Lim in case you want to change out the sticky electrical tape.

Just to check.... both T5 tubes are Coral Plus?

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Supporter

wow everything is growing well. led + t5 power

Your zoas look much better than mine lor. Jealous!!

Nice & neat DIY.

You can get heat shrink tubes from Sim Lim in case you want to change out the sticky electrical tape.

Just to check.... both T5 tubes are Coral Plus?

Thanks bro~! I found out about the heat shrink tubes after i am done with the DIY, too late sianzz.. but i will keep that in mind~! :thumbsup:

Actually i bought all the colouration of tubes to test out the combinations. I am currently using 1 x coral plus and 1 x aquablue special, blue spectrum will come mainly from my LED. Still trying out the different combinations though. Any recommendations?

Nice DIY u have there :) mine looks like crap .. lol .. ur UFO chalice growing so fast .. swee la ..

Looks like crap because u lazyyyyyyyyyyyy and busy with your clownfish breeeding businesssss... next time must call u towkay alr tio boh?

lol

• SRC Supporter

Tank looking good bro! Nice job you did there with the T5s... your tempting me to try it out

Thanks bro~! Working hard to keep it decent at the same time lol

About time i inspire you on something huh? hahaha but its great fun to DIY if you have the time, i always enjoy some diy here and there, gives great satisfaction~! Try it out bro, led with t5 is awesome..

• SRC Supporter

Any bros mind sharing whats is RX DIP?

RX dip is the brand? I got quite some aliens in my corals wanna get rid of them.

Will it work for liverocks?

Coral rx is a dip for corals to get rid of the pests on them. May not work that well for big liverocks because the live rocks may have too many holes and holes may be quite deep in.. I wouldnt use it for liverocks at the end of the day..

• SRC Member

Coral rx is a dip for corals to get rid of the pests on them. May not work that well for big liverocks because the live rocks may have too many holes and holes may be quite deep in.. I wouldnt use it for liverocks at the end of the day..

For instance, i wanna dip my zoas and star polyp, how to long should i dip them?

For instance, i wanna dip my zoas and star polyp, how to long should i dip them?

5-10 mins. Juz follow the instruction on it.