My 4ft Tank from Italy!!

Marko83

I know this salt.. it's very good. I've try too Red Sea Coral Pro Reef Salt and Royal Nature. Good togheter but the last one melts soon.

How is the prices for an common Acropora frag?? In italy we pay around 35€/40€ (60 SGD) for 5-6 cm in a coral shop, and 50% less between private reeefers....

• SRC Member

I know this salt.. it's very good. I've try too Red Sea Coral Pro Reef Salt and Royal Nature. Good togheter but the last one melts soon.

How is the prices for an common Acropora frag?? In italy we pay around 35€/40€ (60 SGD) for 5-6 cm in a coral shop, and 50% less between private reeefers....

Normal SPS is around sgd30-35 per piece. Prices for rare pieces are higher. I guess sg is nearer to indo/ aust/ philipines etc so LS from these counties are cheaper compare to europe. But i guess some european brands are cheaper over at your side?

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

Beautiful tank! I read that you might have aiptisia problem? As a person who has had aiptisia destroy 2 tanks (a 5 footer and a 2 footer) I would advise you kill them quickly! Joe's juice works best, just feed joe's juice and they die.

White Reef

White Reef pt. 2

Hi Marco, very nice and clean mixed reef tank. Colours of SPS is great. I met a supplier from Italy in the aquarama show this year, very friendly people.

Thanks Patrick.. wich brands was the italian supplier ?

Hi Marko, thanks for sharing your setup. Great tank you have there.

For Aiptisia removal, try Copperband butterfly or some other natural predator for it.

I had crazy outbreak after using chemicals on them.

After adding a natural predator, clean as new.

My 5 cents worth of advise.

Hi Marko, thanks for sharing your setup. Great tank you have there.

For Aiptisia removal, try Copperband butterfly or some other natural predator for it.

I had crazy outbreak after using chemicals on them.

After adding a natural predator, clean as new.

My 5 cents worth of advise.

Thank You Tench1!

I've already try with Chelmon Rostratus, but he didn't like my aiptasia (problably my aiptasia was more big than him!!! :D :D )... After five months he died.

Last weekend i've remove aiptasia with white vinegar and syringe!

Hi Marko, u might wanna try red sea apitasia x, has worked extremely well for my tank. I inject them at first sight, and I don't see them again.

Yes Tufobox... is a good product!

• 3 months later...

Thanks tofubox! I love shallow tanks...in my dreams have 180/80/50 DSB...with 35 cm of water column.. but isn't the moment!! I've to merry soon and if i talk to my wife of my tank project she can change idea!! Ahahahah