Circulation:

1xTunze 6080

1xSCWD (closed loop with Ehiem 1262)

Ehiem 1260 as return pump

Chiller:

NSEW 1/3hp + 4 cooling fans

• SRC Member

Thanks for all the compliment.

The day when i decide to go SPS with a 3 footer, i made up my mind not to keep any fish ;) Its the best and easiest way to ensure high water quality. a 3 footer may not be very forgiving compared to a bigger tank esp with heavy stock of SPS. My H&S skimmer hardly skim anything out.

• SRC Member
u see.. i hate throwing food inside and pollute the water ;)

Reef2,

I understand and supported your apporach of keeping water quality. I make the same decision converting my 4ft to Berlin not even a gain of sand and running German style = Oversize Skimmer+ Ca Reactor + Carbon + RowaPhos only. So far I have add in the following fish 1-by-1 over the last 3 mths

1. Red stripes Black Sailfin Blenny & Lawnmover Blenny -S

2. Acro Goby-S

3. Hawaii Pink Kole Tang -XS

4. Lepoard Wrasse -M

5.Cleaner Shrimp- XL

6. Peppermint Shrimp -M

7. CB -XS

I feed my SPS, so that's already a large nutrient load, so no choice and I don't feed the fish at all.........so far so good............with parameters........I guess it matters to what type of fish and invert. you add? If you add 1/2 a dozen of delicate Anthias that need 3~5 feeding per day........ :evil: :blink

BTW, the right side of the tank is the Blue bulb? Seems blue on the right?

BTW, your Acros with 578W on a 3ft will color up even more after your tank mature........great stuff you have

Max

• SRC Member

thanks Max for the info... u know the expert who helped me to make the decision to not keep fish is YOU :D remember when i collected my snails from you, you ask me whether I keep fish ? that prompted me ;)

yes, right is BLK 20KK and left is BLV 10KK. got both from Victron yesterday.

maybe i should change my title of posting to "FISHLESS SPS TANK" :lol:

• SRC Member
thanks Max for the info... u know the expert who helped me to make the decision to not keep fish is YOU  :D  remember when i collected my snails from you, you ask me whether I keep fish ?  that prompted me  ;)

yes, right is BLK 20KK and left is BLV 10KK.  got both from Victron yesterday.

maybe i should change my title of posting to "FISHLESS SPS TANK" :lol:

Yes fishless is great..............I still like the idea of going fishless. Well I end up adding fish anyway..............rule of thumb is to add something that you do not need to feed B) and as my BB Berlin, I suckout everything every week..........so far Nitrate & PO4 has never been detectable using standard test kit -> but if you use Merck test kit, you can still get values like 0.5ppm Nitrate or 0.0125ppm PO4 ................as long as there are algae on our glass, there's DOCs and its nitrate & PO4..............well in this hobby, simple is best :)

:P

Max

• 2 weeks later...