Impose no smoking rule at fish farms

Avrilovigne

I think NEA should ban smoking at fish farms. I've seen (and smelt) it too many times at Iwarna, LCK and Beng.

Fishes hate the smoke too and there are no chicks to impress.

With the recurrent haze, just step outside, Tarik harder and you would be indirectly cleaning the air for us non smokers. Don't need to light up.

Just my pet peeve...

I think i need a smoke after reading this.

But seriously, i think as smokers we already have plenty of bans in place, sometimes just chilling at the farm with our friends, having a good talk and watching the fishes/corals, whilst still being able to smoke.....is something i hope wont be taken away from us.

I do understand where your coming from, as smokers we should be considerate as well. I try not to smoke ard people whom i'm not familiar with or non smoker friends. Everyone should exercise consideration, but please dont ban....everything also ban...dame sian.

Btw, we dont smoke to impress chicks....nor do we flick our ashes into the tanks.

• Like 2

I Love Stagsss

• Moderators

I think i need a smoke after reading this.

But seriously, i think as smokers we already have plenty of bans in place, sometimes just chilling at the farm with our friends, having a good talk and watching the fishes/corals, whilst still being able to smoke.....is something i hope wont be taken away from us.

I do understand where your coming from, as smokers we should be considerate as well. I try not to smoke ard people whom i'm not familiar with or non smoker friends. Everyone should exercise consideration, but please dont ban....everything also ban...dame sian.

Btw, we dont smoke to impress chicks....nor do we flick our ashes into the tanks.

I agree. I'm a non smoker and i don't really like the feeling of 2nd hand smoke blowing my way.

But i won't want a ban la as long as everyone practice some form of consideration towards each other :)

Tom

• SRC Member

I am also taking a smoke break too.

I will still smoke at fish farm while I shop .. nothing wrong.

But i will not blow smoke into others.

I do it in a corner.

My main focus is to find interesting species that I may have chance to bring home.

Myth: Smoking to impress chicks ..... Passe.

Smokers will understand what I say.

Let's give & take .. a bit here . a bit there.

Else, don't drive to Fish Farm as the Carbon Monoxide contains chemicals that reduce your mortality far much faster than the ciggy. Fish also don't like it .. I suppose.

Else, don't bring kids to fish farm as they output noise pollution.. irritating and i suppose fishes don't like it too (Maybe).

So ... just chill ya.

• SRC Member

I Was a 10+ yrs smoker, but not anymore. I do understand Why they smoke in farm, it s just Like having coffee When u read or take a Drink When u eat.

smoker reefer need that cig really.

As long as those big lfs, Can la. Lol

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

• SRC Member

Smoking can impress chicks? OMG! I should move to Earth and stop living in Mars! LOL! Jokes aside, I'm a smoker as well... Not exactly proud of it but it's an addiction similar to reefing... But I always check out my surroundings before I light up... Got kids or not, got non-smokers or not etc... As long as we exercise consideration, I find that this thread should be closed...

Angel Keeper

• Like 1

• SRC Member

As a non smoker, I too feel suffocated n irritated by 2nd hand smoke. Smoke n walk around viewing the livestocks so the smoke dun stay at 1 location. Anyway, I just avoid bumping into them on the same lorong viewing the tanks.

Tank size:36"x36"x24"

Return pump" 2x Reef Octo 5000

Skimmer:BK Double Cone 200 on Reef Octopus DC 5500s.

Wavemaker:2xVortech MP40wES

Chemical filtration:1xeducator FR(biopellets)

Chiller:1hp Daikin compressor.

Lighting:2 x Kessil A360we

Auto topup system: JBJ ATO + new jet 1200

Dosing system: Kamoer 3 channel.

Additives: ESV 2 part.

Power consumption

2XReef Octo 5000: 120watts

BK skimmer:50watts

2xVortech wavemaker:70watts

Daikin compressor:775watts

Lighting:180watts

Ato system:21watts

Exhaust fans:16watts

Refugium light:27watts

• SRC Member

Personally a smoker as well and i do smoke in farms but will practice consideration while doing this. When people are near me, i will stop "puffing" so as to not irritate them and will blow the smoke below or to the side.

Instead of thinking smoking to impress girls, I don't think smoking is cool at all to impress anyone of any gender.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

Hi, please THINk before you post something that sensitive. Don't be hero, in life you suit the environment not the environment suit u, who u think u r !! The farms is running a business, if the next couple of days or weeks SOMEONE impose no smoking as you mention, don't you think you are affecting the farms business !! Pls, I think someone should close this topic.

• SRC Member

No lah. some of the LFS owners are smokers themselves, so if kanna ban they will have to go to roadside to smoke too... or must provide a big yellow box... hopefully the yellow box is right in front of the DT so at least smokers can admire the tank...

on a serious note, the least is please do not smoke when there are kids around in the LFS...

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

Better idea. Impose NO SMOKE in Singapore... no industries, no vehicles, no burnings, etc... smokes that have harmful effects on us.

Come on lah...I bet not only the ciggies are causing harm and irritants.. not only industries nor vehicles. We HUMANS all have their own preferences and irritants. .. cats, dogs, birds, fish... etc.

All about consideration, tolerance and a few more 'tion n 'ance which i forget. Lol.

Smokers out there... be considerate ok? Non smokers, thank you for your consideration.

Me.... a smoker who (like many others) CONFIRMS the myth about hooking up chicks with smoking.... naaaahhhh.... not true at all.

Happy reefing... smoking... and all other 'ing that you all enjoy doing.

• SRC Member

Me no smoker, me no like smoke smell.. But to impose ban on smoking in farm abit too much too.. Farm is a place for us to buy stuff enjoy thr view slowly see.. Smokers alr alot place cant smoke liao, farm got good ventilation so i think its totally ok Unless they purposely blow at ur face. Dun everything also ban la..

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Supporter

perhaps smoke further from enclose areas will be a better idea.

no need to ban and at the same time enough air to flow through.

a reefer once told me that a lfs in the east always have people smoking inside and the air is terrible. He stops going there with his family because his wife complains. Already complaining about his hobby now still stain with the smell.. lol

sometimes one person smoking isnt that bad, but a group of people smoking at the same time surely the air gets worst.

:big_boss:

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

I personally feel that banning is not the solution. Do we really need our society to be so rule bound?

Naturally if you have rules, it creates resentment and people will be less obliged to develop consideration, as these rules are forced upon them.

The end goal should be to develop a society where people learn to exercise tolerance and consideration for others. We can't always have what we want or view things in the same paradigm as others.

As we have seen, many smokers in this thread exercise consideration (not blowing into people's faces, not smoking around kids etc), so there shouldn't be a problem. I'm a non smoker too and hate second hand smoke but we are not alone on this planet. Live and let live.

perhaps smoke further from enclose areas will be a better idea.

no need to ban and at the same time enough air to flow through.

a reefer once told me that a lfs in the east always have people smoking inside and the air is terrible. He stops going there with his family because his wife complains. Already complaining about his hobby now still stain with the smell.. lol

sometimes one person smoking isnt that bad, but a group of people smoking at the same time surely the air gets worst.

:big_boss:

Couldn't agree more. It is terribly unpleasant for non smokers. Makes viewing so uncomfortable. For those considerate smokers, thank you. But many smokers still puff without a care in the world. Why not just step outside for your fag and then come back in to browse??

• SRC Member
Life is short and full of unexpected. Happy is the most important but of course not as the expense of others' well being.Imposing Ban will not solve all issues in this current environment. Self control will solve most problems.
wah smoking thread gets a new member to make first post. I agreed wif u life is short, real short. Now already almost near yr end. Just feel like last yr Xmas just passed by recently.

Tank size:36"x36"x24"

Return pump" 2x Reef Octo 5000

Skimmer:BK Double Cone 200 on Reef Octopus DC 5500s.

Wavemaker:2xVortech MP40wES

Chemical filtration:1xeducator FR(biopellets)

Chiller:1hp Daikin compressor.

Lighting:2 x Kessil A360we

Auto topup system: JBJ ATO + new jet 1200

Dosing system: Kamoer 3 channel.

Additives: ESV 2 part.

Power consumption

2XReef Octo 5000: 120watts

BK skimmer:50watts

2xVortech wavemaker:70watts

Daikin compressor:775watts

Lighting:180watts

Ato system:21watts

Exhaust fans:16watts

Refugium light:27watts

• 2 months later...

I think NEA should ban smoking at fish farms. I've seen (and smelt) it too many times at Iwarna, LCK and Beng.

Fishes hate the smoke too and there are no chicks to impress.

With the recurrent haze, just step outside, Tarik harder and you would be indirectly cleaning the air for us non smokers. Don't need to light up.

Just my pet peeve...

you think too much.. what is this about smoking to impress chicks? lol who in the world considered that ? maybe only you haha.

For me meeting a few buddies and going down to fish farms to chit chat and buy some new collections is a form of relaxation. Unfortunately for you, lighting up a cigarette also is part of it.

Already so many places have smokin restrictions why wana make smokers life more miserable? Besides so far i have seen most smokers at fish farms do excercise consideration and try to step aside or not blow smoke directly at other shoppers so i dont see where your fuss is coming from really.