Ah Chris's Reef Aquarium

ahchris

Zoas eating nudibranchs. Pests!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Yes have to. And so not add any more Zoas for at least a month. Make sure no more of such thing and it current Zoas opens up nicely.

Else got it evacuate your Zoas and let the tank be without Zoas for a month or longer. Got to starve out the population.

How often can i used ReVive Coral Cleaner?

• SRC Member

You must have bought a infected colony..you can use revive anytime.. For now shine a torch light at night try picking them up with a tweezers pick as much as you can stop adding zoas..revive is good try shaking the coral thru the water and inspect the colony with a torch light bro..that's what I do it's better spending minutes doing this than battling pest in the future..same goes to Sps bro dip inspect for all corals will really save you A Heck of time later on Cheers!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

You must have bought a infected colony..you can use revive anytime.. For now shine a torch light at night try picking them up with a tweezers pick as much as you can stop adding zoas..revive is good try shaking the coral thru the water and inspect the colony with a torch light bro..that's what I do it's better spending minutes doing this than battling pest in the future..same goes to Sps bro dip inspect for all corals will really save you A Heck of time later on Cheers!

Yup will take the advice and kill the pest. Thank you

• SRC Member

Yup will take the advice and kill the pest. Thank you

no worries bro wish you luck in eradicating this *expletive* nudis :)

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

Haha well free stuff always good.

Hmm.. Didn't update cos tank having algae bloom. It's still blooming but seems to be reducing by a lot already. :)

Current livestock: paired pecular clown with green BTA, Yellow Tang, mandarin, tail spot and cleaner shrimp. Everyone happily swimming and eating.

I will go for the DE lighting T5s.

Zoas and fishes wouldn't need the intensity of light that the MH light will produce. So I would take the T5 light for lesser heat produced and also lower power consumption.

Honestly if in future u venture into SPS, I think your T5 will still be good enough. Else supplement it with some par38 LED will be good enough.

• Like 1

Hi guys, need your opinion on lighting fixture.

1) Dymax Metal Halide 150W X 2 + T8 40W X 2

2) DE Lightings T5 39W X 8

I have these 2 lighting fixture but don't know which one to use. Current plans is just to keep some zoas and fishes.

Bro, T5HO 39w is for 3ft. 80w ones is for 5ft unless u r using 2sets.
  • Like 1

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

• SRC Member

I vote ATi Powermodule Hehe go for T5's!

I will go for the DE lighting T5s.

Zoas and fishes wouldn't need the intensity of light that the MH light will produce. So I would take the T5 light for lesser heat produced and also lower power consumption.

Honestly if in future u venture into SPS, I think your T5 will still be good enough. Else supplement it with some par38 LED will be good enough.

Yup agreed with you but the shimmering effect on MH is really nice

Yes it is 3ft but will there be enough light since there are 8 tubes?
There won't be enough spread for a 3 ft t5 light fixture to cover a 5 ft tank and if u hang higher to get the spread, it won't have enough punching power into the water. I would go for at least 54w or 80w fixture.