Ah Chris's Reef Aquarium

ahchris

Wow, 5ft!! Alw my dream too start a big tank. But scare maintenance of it too tedious and torturous, lol!!

• Like 1

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Current water pressure for RODI is running at 24psi. Too slow and way too low for the minimum requirement of 50psi.

LowWaterPressureforRODI_zps8b46175b.jpg

Immediately went down to Madpetz to get the water pressure booster pump.

WaterPressureBoosterforRODI_zps66cb0b2f.

After installing the water pressure booster pump, my reading is at around 70psi.

NormalWaterPressureforRODI_zps8d204be3.j

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Pressure at below 50psi means it's dripping water slower than its supposed to be? Or is there any other impact?

Shadow Walkers's 4 ft Shallow Reef Chronicles

4 Ft - 120.35.35

3 Ft Sump

Skimmer: Bubble Magus NAC7

Chiller: Hailea 1/4 HS66A

Lights: T5 4 tubes ATI + Maxspect Glaive Led

Refugium with Liverocks and Cheato and lots of pods

Refugium light: Par38 Full spectrum

Return pump: Hailea HX6540..stupid pump so noisy

Wavemaker: Maxspect Gyre 130

Pressure at below 50psi means it's dripping water slower than its supposed to be? Or is there any other impact?

Yes my water is coming out drop by drop. Spend hours online searching for info and came to understand that the membrane is designed to operate within a specific pressure range.

For ZeRO EX5- ultra 200, it stated min 50psi. Too low and the membrane loses it's efficiency.

• SRC Member
Yes my water is coming out drop by drop. Spend hours online searching for info and came to understand that the membrane is designed to operate within a specific pressure range. For ZeRO EX5- ultra 200, it stated min 50psi. Too low and the membrane loses it's efficiency.
Oic thanks for your explanation bro

Shadow Walkers's 4 ft Shallow Reef Chronicles

4 Ft - 120.35.35

3 Ft Sump

Skimmer: Bubble Magus NAC7

Chiller: Hailea 1/4 HS66A

Lights: T5 4 tubes ATI + Maxspect Glaive Led

Refugium with Liverocks and Cheato and lots of pods

Refugium light: Par38 Full spectrum

Return pump: Hailea HX6540..stupid pump so noisy

Wavemaker: Maxspect Gyre 130

• SRC Member

Keep the updates coming. With 5 feet tank i guess you be spending days just to prepare enough water to fill it up.

• Like 1

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

Keep the updates coming. With 5 feet tank i guess you be spending days just to prepare enough water to fill it up.

yup, and the process of preparing ro/di water has alot of wastage water. I kept the wastage water in many many pails asking my helper to use it for mopping the floor, cleaning the toilet and washing clothes. But i think 5 days also cannot use finish.

Nothing wrong with mixing the salt in the tank. Just that all the rock formation and other structures within the tank would tend to trap salt, affecting the mixing process. Some salt might also sink to the sandbed before it get mixed up.

Usually what I do is to have a big transparent container with a wave maker in there. Fill it up with ro/di water and then pour the salt in. Leave it there until the salt has more or less been mixed. There may be salt that has sunk to the bottom and cannot be reached by the wavemaker. So got to stir them up. Its easier with the wavemaker as less energy is needed and I can get other things done while it mixes (usually 15mins).

Nothing wrong with mixing the salt in the tank. Just that all the rock formation and other structures within the tank would tend to trap salt, affecting the mixing process. Some salt might also sink to the sandbed before it get mixed up.

Usually what I do is to have a big transparent container with a wave maker in there. Fill it up with ro/di water and then pour the salt in. Leave it there until the salt has more or less been mixed. There may be salt that has sunk to the bottom and cannot be reached by the wavemaker. So got to stir them up. Its easier with the wavemaker as less energy is needed and I can get other things done while it mixes (usually 15mins).

Oic, Thanks. Lucky my tank is still empty. No rocks and sands yet :-)