Best coral dips

• SRC Supporter

I use TLF ReVive. Works for me.

Seen 2 inch bristle worms crawl out of a recently purchased Gonoporia & loads of worms/starfish from a small piece of live rock I tried on.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Supporter

I using coral rx pro. Lots of dead stuff comes out after 15 min

Hey Bro Mitchell, i use coral rx too, lots of dead and dirty stuff fall out too.. But i will only dip for 10 mins, is it ok for your corals after 15 mins? what kind of corals have you dipped 15 mins? Probably will try 15 mins if we are dipping the same type of corals :D

Just have to keep reefing... cant stop now~!

Hey Bro Mitchell, i use coral rx too, lots of dead and dirty stuff fall out too.. But i will only dip for 10 mins, is it ok for your corals after 15 mins? what kind of corals have you dipped 15 mins? Probably will try 15 mins if we are dipping the same type of corals :D

I dip all my lps that long haha. While at the same time using a syringe to get thise pests stuck in the rocks and coralss

• SRC Member

I personally like CoralRevive As it Really removes what it's suppose to..plus it's smell is really present and scary at times "I was like damn scared as it smelled like soapy detergent and was scared to use it..after reading was impressed by it..and finally used it.. Now am Trying Bayer to combat those pesky AEFW that lurk in SPS corals..

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Ive been using revive all these while and i think they are they best currently. Some ppl are trying out bayer. Which is said to be the best for AEFW

wow, for bayer, I took a look at the MSDS. it says highly toxic to fish. sounds very dangerous to me

Where to get Bayer?

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

Can only buy from oversea but cannot ship in directly due to content restriction. Unless you have a friend going oversea to hand carry back for you.

Nope. Checked with freight forwarder , they said it is allowed. Just received my 1litre bottle. (:

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

• SRC Member

Where to get Bayer?

U can ship it in via comgateway. Its a very good coral dip imo. Nothing with nervous system can stay alive !

Very shiok one when dip.

+ its very cheap. <30sgd.

got myself 2 bottles.. can last veryyyy long. Dosage is about 10ml Bayer for 400ml tank water, dip for 10-15mins.

Then dip it in clean tank water to rinse off those bayers .

Dont use hand to touch and dont breathe in. Best is use something to kiap the sps to dip. Lol!

18fb6d2ecebcfaa90544f04f443c974f.jpg

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

Thank You bro youdon'tknowme for the info. Any particulate website to recomend?

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

Thank You bro youdon'tknowme for the info. Any particulate website to recomend?

Just search for it in amazon. Then ship it to comgateway , and comgateway will ship it to u. Remember to look for the correct one. There is many different products of bayer. since u will be using comgateway, u can also "sun bian" buy ro membrane from spectrapure or some other things u need from brs etc. black friday is coming... will have promo hahaha

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

K. Bro. Thank u

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

I got a lobang ask a bro tumpang buy bayer from amazon with current promotion of free int ship if buy more than usd125. If anyone interested, i can link u directly to him for the deal. Pm if need. I don't know when he order but soon as he allow me to tumpang.

• SRC Member

I did some investigation;

Basically that Bayer Advanced Insect Killer active ingredients are:

http://www.bayeradvanced.com/system/product_variants/label_pdfs/000/000/045/original_Complete-Insect-Killer-40oz-CON.pdf

Imidacloprid and Beta-cyfluthrin

Out of these 2, the one toxic to fish and invertebrate is primarily Cyfluthrin (read here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyfluthrin)

Now, these 2 ingredients are basically insecticides. From NEA website we can trace what products in Singapore contain such ingredients. Look here:

http://app2.nea.gov.sg/docs/default-source/services-and-forms/list-of-licensees/here.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Based on the product lists here, most of the Bayer cockroaches bait gel in Singapore contains Imidacloprid.

While cyfluthrin is contained in Baygon All Insect Killer.

There is a product called Temprid SC that contains these 2 ingredients sold/used by pest control company in Singapore:

http://www.environmentalscience.bayer.sg/Pest-Management/WhereToBuyPestManagement.aspx

http://equitchem.com/products.html

In short, we may be able to find equivalent in Singapore; no need to order from US :)

Just go to supermarket, find the insect killer section and check the ingredients especially that Cyfluthrin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

I did some investigation;

Basically that Bayer Advanced Insect Killer active ingredients are:

http://www.bayeradvanced.com/system/product_variants/label_pdfs/000/000/045/original_Complete-Insect-Killer-40oz-CON.pdf

Imidacloprid and Beta-cyfluthrin

Out of these 2, the one toxic to fish and invertebrate is primarily Cyfluthrin (read here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyfluthrin)

Now, these 2 ingredients are basically insecticides. From NEA website we can trace what products in Singapore contain such ingredients. Look here:

http://app2.nea.gov.sg/docs/default-source/services-and-forms/list-of-licensees/here.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Based on the product lists here, most of the Bayer cockroaches bait gel in Singapore contains Imidacloprid.

While cyfluthrin is contained in Baygon All Insect Killer.

There is a product called Temprid SC that contains these 2 ingredients sold/used by pest control company in Singapore:

http://www.environmentalscience.bayer.sg/Pest-Management/WhereToBuyPestManagement.aspx

http://equitchem.com/products.html

In short, we may be able to find equivalent in Singapore; no need to order from US :)

Just go to supermarket, find the insect killer section and check the ingredients especially that Cyfluthrin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

well done! Good investigation.

now i shall sit back and see if theres any bravesoul with big balls to try spraying baygon to dip their sps in. Anyone willing to volunteer ? Keen in knowing the results.

Perhaps can try it on a infested frags.

Please do remember to take a good focused close pic of the container.

Peace ✌

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

• SRC Member

Just search for it in amazon. Then ship it to comgateway , and comgateway will ship it to u. Remember to look for the correct one. There is many different products of bayer. since u will be using comgateway, u can also "sun bian" buy ro membrane from spectrapure or some other things u need from brs etc. black friday is coming... will have promo hahaha

You had success getting BRS to ship to comgateway? The last I tried they cancelled my order and said they don't ship to freight forwarder companies because of the high number of fraud cases.

Tank Size: 3.5 ft x 2 ft x 2 ft
Sump: 3ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft”
Return Pump: Eheim 1264
Chiller Pump: H2Ocean Flow Pump 3000
Skimmer: Vertex Alpha 200
Wavemakers: 2 X Maxspect Gyre 130; 1 x Ecotech VorTech MP10WES, 1 x Ecotech VorTech MP40WES, 1x Jebao RW15
Filtration: Schuran Multifilter 100 (Rowa Phos), Two Little Fishies Phosban 150 Fluidised Reactor (Vertex Rox 0.8 Carbon), Enductor Fluidized Reactor- FR45 (NP Biopellets & All In One Biopellets) with Eden 140 Pump, Santa Monica Hogx1 Algae Turf Scrubber, Cheato
Calcium Reactor: Skimz CM152 with needle valve and Maxijet 600 feed Pump (CaribSea ARM Extra Coarse ,KZ Coral Gravel, Two Little Fishies Reborn, Grotech Magnesium Pro)
Dosing: Bubble Magnus Dosing Pump BM-T01 + 2 x 4 Head Expansion Accessory BM-T02
Bio Media: Marine Pure, Bacteria King, Eheim Substrat Pro, Eheim Substrat, Seachem DeNitrate, PowerHouse Hard, Polyplab Biosphere, Seachem Purigen

Chiller: JBJ Arctica Titanium Aquarium Chiller (1/3 Hp - DBE-150)
Lighting: ATI Powermodule 6 x 39 Watt T5. Solite 4 x 39 Watt T5 (Only 2 used) (Blue+ Blue+ Coral+ Purple+ Coral+ AB Special) (Blue+ Purple+)
Auto Top Up system: Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off
Monitoring: 2 x Milwaukee MC 122 PH Controller (Calcium Reactor & PH Monitoring)

Substrate: CaribSea Aragamax Select

• SRC Member

You had success getting BRS to ship to comgateway? The last I tried they cancelled my order and said they don't ship to freight forwarder companies because of the high number of fraud cases.

Yes. Hahha

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Anyone tried this dip before?

Claims to kill AEFW and their eggs. YES, AFEW EGGS.

Here's the discussion thread on RC. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2269194

And here's the link to the product. The link in the RC thread does not work anymore.

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/reef-pest-solutions-all-out

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter