HD Video of my 240 G SPS dominated reef

akaimal

• SRC Member

Hi Akaimal Welcome to SG Reef Club..You have a gorgeous Reef Tank Really nice fish and the water clarity is good! Care to share more details about your setup? Filteration,additives and schedule of husbandry :) Cheers! Rdgs Ashwin

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

I can't click to open. Can provide link?

Here You Go >

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

Hi Akaimal Welcome to SG Reef Club..You have a gorgeous Reef Tank Really nice fish and the water clarity is good! Care to share more details about your setup? Filteration,additives and schedule of husbandry :) Cheers! Rdgs Ashwin

Thanks Ashwin!

Lighting

In the center I have 3 Apollo LED dimmable fixture controlled by Apex

On both sides I have 2 DIY LED fixture that I built using components from ReefLedLights.com. It consists of a 36 inch heat sink with

1) 12 XTE Royal Blue LED

2) 12 XPG Cool White Premium 7.5K

3) 8 XP-E blue

4) 2 XP-E red

5) 2 XP-E Green

6) 12 Violet UV LED's

7) 24 XRE Royal Blue

8) 12 XRE Cool White

In between the fixtures I have two 4" giesemann actinic plus

Filtration

The tank employs biological and mechanical filtration.

The biological filtration consists of more than 250 pounds of live rock, 1 inch of sugar fine aragonite sand, 20G refugium filled with a 12 inch deep sand bed, Chaetomorpha and live rock. For mechanical filtration, the water passes into the overflow then into the sump via a 100 micron filter sock. Next, the water passes through two separate chambers. The first area houses a heater, live rock and skimmer. The final area accommodates the return pump.

I also run highh capacity GFO. Change it once in 6 months.

Flow

To help maximize the flow from the return pump I employ two Wavy Sea wave makers. They keep moving back and forth evenly distributing the water from the sump. I currently use two Vortech mp60wes pumps and a Reeflo dart return pump. I have been extremely happy with this combination.

Feeding and maintenance

Every days I feed Rods food. 70% Calcium and Alkalinity are maintained using a Geo Calcium reactor with an additional DIY chamber. Rest is provided by automatic dosing of BRS two part.

Salinity is maintained by top off using a Litermeter pump.

I change the filter soaks once in 7 days and also clean the skimmer cup once a week. Chaetomorpha in the refugium is trimmed once in 2 weeks. I record KH once in two days and test phosphates once a week.

I do a 50Gallon water change once a month. At this time I also vacuum the sand bed and run carbon when needed.

I clean the skimmer and soak the Vortech wetsides in vinegar once in 6 months.

I also have a 1/3 hp Teco chiller. It keeps the temparature of the tank below 78.5 degrees.

• SRC Member

Wow impressive list of equipments! Hey bro would really love to keep seing updates why not start a tank thread in Member tanks and specs? Would be awesome Wow you feed roids everyday your filteration must be really strong!

• 1 month later...