Wild caught fish as pets

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Yeah! We should make a outing to fishing trip.... just bring light tackle n catch small fish...=) or bring a small net to any waterbreaker when its low tide.. can catch goby, shrimp,if very lucky can find seahorse. Wow... bring back my childhood days... hahah

• SRC Member

Yishun Dam during day time got many baby seabass, need to cast net. Also many white shell prawn. I don;t know how to cast net ar, I'm a rod anglers.

Labrador Park have small fish as well as monster sometimes, usually catch fishes like Ang Chor Kee and Leng Jiam.

• SRC Member

Yeah! We should make a outing to fishing trip.... just bring light tackle n catch small fish...=) or bring a small net to any waterbreaker when its low tide.. can catch goby, shrimp,if very lucky can find seahorse. Wow... bring back my childhood days... hahah

True true, still remember childhood days when our coast was not so developed, lots of critters to be found during low tide whereas now it's so 'sterilised'. Love opening up rocks to see what is hiding underneath .. baby lobsters, prawns, crabs etc. My current pets will love them for a snack lol

• SRC Member

Yishun Dam during day time got many baby seabass, need to cast net. Also many white shell prawn. I don;t know how to cast net ar, I'm a rod anglers.

Labrador Park have small fish as well as monster sometimes, usually catch fishes like Ang Chor Kee and Leng Jiam.

I got a castnet :)

Labrador sounds fun, although have yet to try there. Is it sangkot land there especially when we cast out?

• 2 weeks later...

Labrador has the occasional grouper too!

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I hv gt some wild fish bk home before but it whip out all my angel in the tank including kong angel which are vry hardy.so do becareful with wild fishes...

What kind of wild fish bro? Coz I'm still collecting the occasional nice catch and don't want to intro a crazy fish in haha

• SRC Member

Sometimes u can get monster Kims @ Kranji salt side , need to have good tide and moonrise timings. Lots of prawns there too if u do net casting

Bro, for the prawns, you mean near the release dam that area? Want to teach my boy how to cast net and hopefully catch something in the process haha

Bro, for the prawns, you mean near the release dam that area? Want to teach my boy how to cast net and hopefully catch something in the process haha

For Prawns need to go into the water @ the water breaker or the carpark side, at the dam area not so good and dangerous ... If u go there on weekends u can see some regular cast netters there , I don't recomend net casting there for young boys unless u are really hardcore netter who go chest deep water and cast..

Stairway to Heaven

• SRC Member

For Prawns need to go into the water @ the water breaker or the carpark side, at the dam area not so good and dangerous ... If u go there on weekends u can see some regular cast netters there , I don't recomend net casting there for young boys unless u are really hardcore netter who go chest deep water and cast..

Thanks for the details ... if need chest deep then it's out for him coz he only starting haha

• SRC Member

No need chest deep lah. My friend cast on the side perpendicular to the dam, on the military field side. If you look at the stone and swallow water on that side with a polaroid glasses, there are so many prawn in the water. No joke, its like 20-30 clinging on a rock.

• SRC Member

No need chest deep lah. My friend cast on the side perpendicular to the dam, on the military field side. If you look at the stone and swallow water on that side with a polaroid glasses, there are so many prawn in the water. No joke, its like 20-30 clinging on a rock.

U mean where the Kranji beach battle site is located?

• SRC Member

I don't know leh.. we go down from the dam area. They told me behind is army field, but we at the water edge is legal. So I just stay there waiting for seabass to take my bait, while some go cast next for prawn and hook crab. 2hrs later, they back with 3kg of prawn.