3 x 1.5 x 1.5 amateur mixed reef

schnitzer44

Hey guys.. finally set the mind to start my very own tank thread! Ok nothing fascinating, had a shallow tank made by this guy which i shall not mention name ...anyone wishes to know lets chat in pm... Its Not the best worksmanship.

Initially had just a normal 2ft 5-6mm glass tank bought from C328 as a sump but again, realised its not the best choice so went to the shop a nice auntie beside GO to custom a sump. Probably about a 30incher long sump.. I should have found her long before i found this guy who made my DT. Atlantic i believe, have got a very nice attitude and good worksmanship. Most importantly, knows what she is doing. Just tell her what you want and she will kindly draw and design for you.. and pricing, reasonable.

Ok long story short, tank was actually made in November 2013...yes its one year late! Due to work commitment and new family member at that time, set up the tank and let the water cycle for a good four months kind of like after CNY than i started to do something about it. So after that couple of months of cycling testing water changing what not, finally time for some livestock.

Set up:

-Shallow 3 x 1.5 x 1.5(h) tank 12mm normal glass, rimless,overflow within the tank on a corner

-30inch x 16inch x 16inch(h) 10mm glass for sump with 3 partition

Equipments:

-Deltec skimmer (Its an old set bought from a reefer...think AP600?) with Aquabee2000/Eheim 1250

-Artica 1/3hp chiller

-DD ocean 5000 return pump

-Maxspect R420R

Photos will be up shortly as they are all in my iphone and i need to figure out how i can put it up ...soon.

Cheers!

Was using DE Lighting 4x39w previously and was thought this light was fabulous. Really one mean light with new tubes. But the heat was kind of..intolerable since my sofa was like right next to the tank due to fengshui reason,my only location for water tank.

Finally decided to get myself a set of LEDs which was the maxspect r420r.

wow 1/3 chillier for ur tank!!! :big_boss:

Camping for more pictures.... :cheers:

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

• 2 weeks later...

Nice mixed reef tank.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Bro, any reason for choosing aluminum stand instead of normal cabinet..

Bro, wanted something different and also due to space constraint, i can't afford the extra space needed to open the cabinet door if i have..

Moreover, coming this second qtr i might be thinking of changing to a cube tank so i can stil use back the stand and do some modifications to it. I thought its quite flexible thats y went for this alu profile.

Gd morning bro, could u share photos of ur filtration setup pls? Thanks.

Hi bro, sump area is messy man.. Haha thats the disadvantage of having open styled alu profile stand.

Basically three partitions. 1st for overflow from main tank, 2nd partition for skimmer/FR and 3rd partition for UV filter and return to chiller than to main tank.

post-23389-0-51890600-1420899633_thumb.j

post-23389-0-71887600-1420899645_thumb.j

Nice anemone collection. Do they move around?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey bro, thanks for the kind words. They moved and are still shifting little bit every now and than..i got a total of 5 bubble tip and 2 normal anemones and most of them are sitting more to the rear except for the purple with green tip thats quite haolian in front. Sadest thing is...the pink anemone from marinelife...is hiding behind the rocks...out of sight!

I probably will let go some of these guys soon.

What I read is that Everytime they molt they will become pregnant. But without another shrimp to fertilize the eggs, they will just become food for the other fishes when released.

From what I read, Shrimps are female when they molt and that's why have eggs. When their shell is hard, they will be male. So it's like a dual sex thingy.