• SRC Member

I think is difficult to keep seahorse without a constant supply of food , big refuge is a must I guess.. I had a whole bunch of them hundreds I think , many died and the rest released into the sea..

Wah so many babies Ah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Wooohooo!! Alright guys so if you dont want your horses to be dark knights you know what to do now. Just put something bright yellow inside and they will become fire horses!

2u72lqx.gif

• SRC Member

Wow

I was wondering hw to keep tis beauties.

Thanks hipporider for starting this thread.

Looking forward to see other keepers set up as well

hi bro. No problem! Its my pleasure to spread the love for these wonderful and amazing animals. Anyway, i thought i would say good night by posting one picture of my seahorse that i took with my dslr today. Good night.

post-23468-0-40140000-1420468534_thumb.j

2u72lqx.gif

• SRC Member

Hi everyone,

i had some free time on my hands away from uni so i decided to do a seahorse feeder cup that we can stick to the wall of our aquarium. I saw a gal on Youtube do it and thought it was very useful. So i made my own. The things you will need. are shown in the picture attached.

I got the small containers for $1.05 from the Valudollar shop near my place and the suction cups are $1.20. That's all you need! Then, i simply heated up an edge of a scissors and bore a hole small enough to fit the suction cup in.Then, i used the hook from the suction cup to secure the suction cup and also act as a perch for the seahorses when they feed from the cup. And there you have it, your very own seahorse feeder. This helps in keeping the tank very clean and the seahorses learn quickly to eat from it.

I will be posting a picture of this feeder in my tank as well as a video of the seahorses feeding from it soon!

post-23468-0-92803100-1420782113_thumb.j

post-23468-0-26949900-1420782389_thumb.j

post-23468-0-62778300-1420782392_thumb.j

post-23468-0-97905700-1420782395_thumb.j

2u72lqx.gif

• SRC Member

bro I am using similar design too .. but when the seahorse goes in the mysis start floating out of the cup ..

780385b384212cb903cc8e8c3ed3425c.jpg

Wow nice bro. hmmm do you think us using a deeper container would help solve this issue?

2u72lqx.gif

• SRC Member

Maybe someone could demystify some seahorse behavior for me.

I have 2 kuda seahorses.

1 of them sleeps without a clinging on to anything. It seems like he sleeps stick straight floating and bobbing around in the water. When he wakes up he swims around. He swims around alot. His tail is not damaged.

The other seahorse spends most of its time clinging to a rock of zoas in a corner fo the tabk. He is always looking at the ground.

Is this kinda weird. Or just their personalities?

• SRC Member

The tank has got 3 sea fans to cling onto when they wish.

Hi fishcake,

I think its normal if your seahorse doesnt cling onto anything. My seahorse changes the way he sleeps from day to day, clinging, free with his tail straight, on the rock... yeah. But he is wide awake when i on the lights and starts swimming around like normal. SO dont worry, its fine!

2u72lqx.gif

Is it advisable to keep seahorse with fishes or a separate tank?

u can check out on seahorse tankmates .. usually pipefish and mandrain if u have enough pod population in ur tank .. gobies and even shrimps ..

• SRC Member

u can check out on seahorse tankmates .. usually pipefish and mandrain if u have enough pod population in ur tank .. gobies and even shrimps ..

how about tangs and clown fishes? Scare they ganna bully.