SPS LPS colour blind question...

asg

• SRC Member

Yo yo bros and sis-s, i have a question that i dont know how to ask... but i will still try...

It started out this way... on several seperate trips, i bought diff yellow SPS from LFS. I swear they are yellow in the LFS... but when i put them in my DT after acclimatising them for one hour plus... they become green in my DT...

today... i bought... a ... yellow hammer... it... also... become... green the moment i put it into my DT...

So now come the hundred dollars question... where to check for colour blind ah

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

lol, just go online n search for colourblind charts, get a second party to verfiy your id.

But honestly, dont think u colourblind la. Lighting makes a huge difference. Under blue light, alot of yellow corals will appear greenish. Both in and outside of water also will differ.

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Haha.. I face it too.. Jus tt mine from red to orange.. I still took out to see the color..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

urgh... red to orange still not bad ah... mine yellow to green, green to green, so now i have an army of green coral.... :sick:

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

It's very simple ... U take a yellow paint mix in blue paint .... U get green paint.

Think about it..

I see. Tonight I will go lower my blue light wattage, see whether it helps. Then how to get SPS or LPS to show yellow in DT... cos I have a yellow sun coral and yellow yuma, never face this disappearing yellow issue before :cry:

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

lol, just go online n search for colourblind charts, get a second party to verfiy your id.

But honestly, dont think u colourblind la. Lighting makes a huge difference. Under blue light, alot of yellow corals will appear greenish. Both in and outside of water also will differ.

sian ah, first is a yellow stylo, then follows by a yellow sunset acrop, then now is a yellow hammer... all put on number 4 liao

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

yo bro

for me, when i am choosing corals, i observe them from both top view and through the glass. Different grade of glass and thickness affect colours as some are filtered off. lighting also plays apart.

shit loh, does that means that if i dont change my light setting, i will forever wont see yellow SPS/ LPS in my tank liao...

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

lol.. even for blue.. the range is very big.. got true actinic on the lowest end, then royal blue, then normal blue. my corals look diffferent under each of them too!

_-" I will bring a blue torch when I go LFS the next time, just to be sure...

@Sept 2014