New 10Gallon Nano!!

Ian Fun

Hello!

New to the forum, going to stop being a lurker and post pics of my setup to see what you guys and girls think and how I can improve and learn!

post-24604-0-31036000-1421437210_thumb.j

Set it up a couple of weeks ago and things look good! Decided to go with a bare bottom instead of DSB. I have a skimmer going on at the back with biohome/coral chips/foam. Have a hang on the back fan going on too. Also threw in a small wavermaker :)

I currently have about 9 corals. Started with a Zoa and a torch and added on into suncoral and a green star polyp. Rounded that all out with a hammer branch, bubble coral and a candy cane! lastly I threw in a Xenia on the top and it has only been a week but man that thing is growing like wildfire. Corals seem to be doing great! Sun coral not fully opened yet but growing new heads already. i also have 3 heads of yuma (sp?) on one of my live rock! Freebie ftw!

Invertebrate wise I have 2 peppermint shrimps (because aiptasia ><), 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 fire shrimp, 1 porcelain/anemone crab. Buncha bumblebee snails and lightning dove snails and random hitchhiker snails. I also have an evil gorilla crab thats lurking around somewhere. but he hasnt killed anything....so far...

For fish i have only one Tailspot blenny so far and its really awesome. Always chills on the green star polyp. Looking to add a small Flame angel in the near future and call it a day with no more additional livestock. Although seeing all those Nox angel's at ah beng's really tempted me.

This is the first of many reef tanks i will be building and this has been a cool learning experience! Would be cool to make new friends with the awesome reefers here! :D

Cheers! :D

Parting shot of porcelain crab with the blenny photo bombing! and other photos!

post-24604-0-56314200-1421437825_thumb.j

post-24604-0-31557800-1421438017_thumb.j

post-24604-0-55855000-1421438041_thumb.j

post-24604-0-96845100-1421438121_thumb.j

Bro,

It's a good start and I like your mix of corals and fishes. My only comment at the moment is I feel the rocks wall is a bit too overwhelming and flat and possibly at risk of toppling over. In addition, the circulation behind the wall is going to be bad with dead zones. Unless a vertical wall was your intention, you can consider going for a more 3D effect by using tonga branches or more opened rocks that sticks out of the wall.

All the best!

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

• SRC Member

Nice lighting . Whats your lighting setup? I guess you be upgrading soon. I had a similar setup when i first started 4 years ago. Upgraded a few times. Recently just commission a 4 feet in dec. Enjoy your journey. Your concept is similar to an old timer : mini reefer

Hey guys!

Thanks for the feedback. I will be transferring some rocks over soon to another tank to help seed it so i'll have more space. I didnt know how much rock to get initially at first and got 1 - 2 piece too many. A vertical wall simulating the drop off of a reef was my intention but it doesnt look like its too practical haha. There is indeed a lot of gunk at the back but hopefully the clean up crew has been at it! I bought a wave maker to possibly help with circulation. I love the wavemaker still but it isnt fulfilling what I set out for it to do lol.

The lighting is just blue/white LEDs 12k. Came with the setup.

Thanks! Will post updates if i do change it soon!

Im not sure what the skimmer is because it came with the Ocean Free setup. but the Wavemaker is a hydor 900l/hr and i have a hang on the back AquaWorld cooling fan (its not very quiet lol. i turn it on when im out and the air conditioning is off, other wise my tank is chill enough with the aircon)