why do sps have so many colours?

• SRC Member

Is there any distinct advantage and are certain colour morphs restricted to certain locations or are they just mutants that are selectively bred?

Can sps change colour apart from browning out of course.

• SRC Member

Yes depending on your light spectrum as well. Sps colours differ from diff light.

Sometimes you buy a sps from reefer tank look very nice but under your own lights it look different colour.also some sps will turn green before brown...

Now white sps is the in thing. One lfs is selling white sps. Can go check it out.

Hurry before it turns into tonga rock!!

• Like 6

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

Yes depending on your light spectrum as well. Sps colours differ from diff light.

Sometimes you buy a sps from reefer tank look very nice but under your own lights it look different colour.also some sps will turn green before brown...

Now white sps is the in thing. One lfs is selling white sps. Can go check it out.

Wow....

• SRC Member

So there's really such a sps called snowypora?

Angel Keeper

• SRC Member

So there's really such a sps called snowypora?

Angel Keeper

Now the very popular trend has reached sg, snowypora the latest sps hype now. Took a few years to hit us here though.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1928558

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

:blink: don't look down on white sps oh... white is also a type of colours ah. So when someone says, I have a nice colour sps and it turns out to be snowyopora. Technically they are not lying loh. technically....

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

:blink: don't look down on white sps oh... white is also a type of colours ah. So when someone says, I have a nice colour sps and it turns out to be snowyopora. Technically they are not lying loh. technically....

andtsg, technically you're not wrong, really. I also read that feeding them TLF marine snow helps in snowyopora growth. :thumbsup:

• SRC Member

andtsg, technically you're not wrong, really. I also read that feeding them TLF marine snow helps in snowyopora growth. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: haha, I also read that feed a lot also help in colour change ah. from white to brown (cover by diatom) to purple (cover by coraline algae).

Maybe soon some reefers will start a white reef post, inspired by (you know what)

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014