French and Blueface Angelfish Agressive

Merry Goround

• SRC Member

Hi all,

I have seen many tanks with mixes of angels. How do I achieve that?

my blueface is chasing my French forever. both are almost the same size but French slightly bigger, blueface was in tank first.

any solutions? blueface is currently in my sump now. worst case scenario do I have to let 1 go?

thanks

• SRC Member

From my experience with Tangs. I will observe for 2 -3. Once alpha established, fight shall stop + Provide ample food for both and space. Secondly, i rescraping my rocks. Lastly, remove both and go in at the sametime. It usually works best for me. Cheers

• SRC Member

Hmm rescape is kinda out. Can try putting both same time. So i should just let then fight it out till they stop?

find a big separation box. place it in your display tank where other fishes can see and be seen. put ur blue face in for minimimum one to two weeks. dont feed the blue face as much as u feed the rest to show ur anger at it for chasing ur caribbean beauty.

let the french be comfortable and make it as fat as possible.

release the blue face once one-two weeks are over. observe. should be better by then. if blue face still ive been doing this for quite some time now.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

• SRC Member

@bombom, i went and bought a isolation box, blueface in it now, going to try your method :) will need to buy a bigger 1 next few days as current one seems too small only about x2 the angels size.

@andtsg, I got a Picasso trigger but about same size, doesn't eat fish at all even when I tried small silversides, etc. only love prawns and seaweed haha. Doesn't even chase fish just sticking to my magnet algae scrubber swimming rounds and rounds around it forever when it is not feeding or sleeping time(is there something wrong with my picasso?). Best if can keep both angels, both are beautiful. hope the isolation box method works.

• SRC Member

Did u try feeding small anthais/ yellow goby/ cleaner shrimp to ur picasso ah? Must train young else grow up cannot be king of tank liao

Anyway, keep the blueface in the box first. But i have a feeling when u release ur blueface, it will be bullied by ur french liao

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

Hi all,

I have seen many tanks with mixes of angels. How do I achieve that?

my blueface is chasing my French forever. both are almost the same size but French slightly bigger, blueface was in tank first.

any solutions? blueface is currently in my sump now. worst case scenario do I have to let 1 go?

thanks

Place Blue Face in Isolation yet floating Box inside your DT for quite some time.

Then release back.

It works for me .. at least for me.

By the way, what is it about the French Angel that you like ah?

Somebody persistently asked me to buy a French.... I just don't seem to understand what so nice about the French Angel ... ...

My artistic taste in fish not that good.

Wanna share your thoughts ?

• SRC Member

Yep the blue face is in the isolation box in my DT.

Haha don't think its about artistic taste la, for me I saw a very big French angel at TFC(still there), and staring at the yellow/gold scales on a patch black body was very captivating, the fins spread very high unlike blueface or queen. Maybe its just my taste as I think French > Queen but of course the French has to be very big for it to shine.

Seeing in on pictures don't justify its beauty imo. when I see images of French angelfish online it is not as captivating, have to really see it in your face kind.

Place Blue Face in Isolation yet floating Box inside your DT for quite some time.

Then release back.

It works for me .. at least for me.

By the way, what is it about the French Angel that you like ah?

Somebody persistently asked me to buy a French.... I just don't seem to understand what so nice about the French Angel ... ...

My artistic taste in fish not that good.

Wanna share your thoughts ?

• SRC Member

"Beauty lie in the eyes of the beholder"

Anyway, for fishes to live in harmony depend alot on luck..u can try all different methods (which was mentioned many times in the forum) but still fail on the particular fish..maybe u change another fish of the same breed n everything is fine..this is part & parcel of reefing (sidetrack: if fishes dun rip, there will b lesser & lesser buyers, then LFS will start to close 1 by 1 liao)..cheers & happy reefing :)

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member

Yep the blue face is in the isolation box in my DT.

Haha don't think its about artistic taste la, for me I saw a very big French angel at TFC(still there), and staring at the yellow/gold scales on a patch black body was very captivating, the fins spread very high unlike blueface or queen. Maybe its just my taste as I think French > Queen but of course the French has to be very big for it to shine.

Seeing in on pictures don't justify its beauty imo. when I see images of French angelfish online it is not as captivating, have to really see it in your face kind.

OK OK .... I see.

And ya lor... that 'Somebody' is the TFC Boss lor.

He super 'poisonous' one leh .... always like to 'Ka Jiao' me... LOL

• SRC Member

I have decided to let go of my blueface. Even when in the iso box. My french will still be afraid and wont even eat and stay at the other far corner of the tank. Only when blueface is brought into sump and out of french's sight then he will be normal

After keeping the blueface in the iso box for afew days now i think too stressed have some white spots appear yesterday. Not sure if its ich. But after letting it out back into the DT the spots are gone. But ended up chasing my french again and this time i think my french too stress white spots appear too after a day.

But now i have catched my blueface again back in iso box in sump. Is this white spots thing common in angels when stressed? Not sure if its ich cause my other fishes doesnt seem to have a problem. And the spots are gone fast when they are de-stressed(when blueface out of iso box, and for french when blueface is brought away). Unlike my tangs with ich that died in my previous tank.

• SRC Member

I have decided to let go of my blueface. Even when in the iso box. My french will still be afraid and wont even eat and stay at the other far corner of the tank. Only when blueface is brought into sump and out of french's sight then he will be normal

After keeping the blueface in the iso box for afew days now i think too stressed have some white spots appear yesterday. Not sure if its ich. But after letting it out back into the DT the spots are gone. But ended up chasing my french again and this time i think my french too stress white spots appear too after a day.

But now i have catched my blueface again back in iso box in sump. Is this white spots thing common in angels when stressed? Not sure if its ich cause my other fishes doesnt seem to have a problem. And the spots are gone fast when they are de-stressed(when blueface out of iso box, and for french when blueface is brought away). Unlike my tangs with ich that died in my previous tank.

Bro how big is your tank ?

Cheers